23 kg..?? Watch

Foster88
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Weird question..

I am packing for my holiday and the allowance is 23kg I have no way to weigh my bag nor do I know how much stuff that roughly relates too.

Can anyone help ? like how many t shirts would 1kg be ?
DancinBallerina
Badges: 20
Report 9 years ago
Can you not ask a family member or friend to borrow some bathroom scales??? . . .
ChopinNocturne
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Buy some cheap scales? These are only £3.99!
Lilrascal19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
23kg is alot... Ermmmm I'm sure, and I know Heathrow and Manchester do this, but if your baggage is overweight (Obviously you can weigh it when you get there) you can put some stuff in a locker and collect it on your way back... With a fee involved.
RBarack
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
23kg is plenty. Unless your holiday is a month long, you won't need to take more than 18kg to be honest.
claireythepinkfairy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
23kg is loads so i would doubt you would go over the limit. I've always taken under 15kg for all the holidays i've been on and this includes my backpack when i went interrailing for 5 weeks.
Ewan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My entire wardrobe isn't 23kg
Hanz_a93
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Dude just buy those cheap scales which cost lyk a pound from your local general store
miml
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
A tshirt probably weighs around 0.2kg. So you are looking at about 115 tshirts worth of space there. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, you probably don't need more than 4 tshirts wherever you are going
KirstyK
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
23kg is a lot. if you can lift the suitcase with ease, you're probably looking at under 20kg. If you have a little bit of difficulty or it feels 'heavier' then you're over the 20kg mark. keep it around 20kg before you put your toiletries in and you'll be fine.
member312105
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Weigh it in Boots for 20p :ahee:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
18.02%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
26.94%
Not great so far... (216)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.34%

Watched Threads