Reply 1
naaaarrow i think - or i seem to remember from the open day - esp in the centre
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
ChariK
What are the roads like in Durham? Narrow/wide/busy?

I have just failed my driving test for the second time and am thinking about taking it once I get to Durham as I can't stand the sight of my driving centre now. :P

Is the test centre in Durham located in a nice place?

I know quite a few people who have done/are doing their driving tests in Durham. The test centre is located at the end of Hallgarth Street, near some of the Hatfield accommodation if I remember rightly! Hope that helps!
Btw what an odd title to a thread! I like it though! lol! Well done for choosing Trevelyan - its fab!
Reply 3
Thanks for the responses!

WXYZ - your friends who have taken their test in Durham, how did they feel about it overall?

You at trevs? :biggrin:
Reply 4
ChariK
Thanks for the responses!

WXYZ - your friends who have taken their test in Durham, how did they feel about it overall?

You at trevs? :biggrin:

Overall I think they felt fine. No worries at all! There aren't really many busy places they can take you and you definitely won't have to drive in the city centre. From someone who drives in Durham and the surrounding area, its fine, you have nothing to worry about. Just remember you can't really have a car in Durham in your first year. Furthermore, yes, I am at Trevs! I've just finished my first year in Modern Languages! What fun it was! :smile:
Reply 5
Awesome! I can't wait to get there :smile:

What I was going to do was find a driving instructor, have a couple of lessons then use his car on the test, since you can't take one up there!
Reply 6
ChariK
Awesome! I can't wait to get there :smile:

What I was going to do was find a driving instructor, have a couple of lessons then use his car on the test, since you can't take one up there!

That sounds fine! There are loads of instructors so I'm sure you will find a nice one! :smile:
Reply 7
the amount of trevors on this forum is entirely disproportionate to the amount of trevors in existence hmm
Reply 8
TKR
the amount of trevors on this forum is entirely disproportionate to the amount of trevors in existence hmm

lol! thats not necessarily a bad thing! Who would you be anyway.... :smile:
Reply 9
its a FANTASTIC THING! :party:

Im a future trevor!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! excitement!
Reply 10
TKR
its a FANTASTIC THING! :party:

Im a future trevor!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! excitement!

Woohoo! How exciting! Trev's is a fab place! What are you studying?
Reply 11
economics baby! it's going to be totally ghetto just can wait! although im having some trouble with the whole ball theme "around the world in 80 days" i just hate fancy dress generally its SUCH an effort
Reply 12
TKR
economics baby! it's going to be totally ghetto just can wait! although im having some trouble with the whole ball theme "around the world in 80 days" i just hate fancy dress generally its SUCH an effort

I have a friend that does Economics and French but you prob won't see him next year because he will be abroad! He loves it though! Says that it is really easy, he is super clever though! I know what you mean - I too hate fancy dress! At least the one last year was a bit easier, it was a hawaiian themed one! JUst choose your fav country and dress up as a native! Actually having said that, thats another think I hate! Stereotyping foreigners! I know... you could go as a tourist! Actually, that is a bit lame now I have had time to think it over.....
Reply 13
TKR

Econ r0x0rs!! Wooo!! lol :biggrin:

No way about fancy dress tho... every opportunity we dressed up for the sake of it! I remember we did a normal bar crawl and I wanted to dress up... so I went as a LifeGuard... and no one else dressed up! Was well good!

People actually thought I was a lifeguard tho... hahahaha... asking if I was celebrating getting my qualifications! :biggrin: Obviously I played up to it telling them about all the people I saved! :biggrin: :wink: :smile:
Reply 14
AdamC
No way about fancy dress tho... every opportunity we dressed up for the sake of it! I remember we did a normal bar crawl and I wanted to dress up... so I went as a LifeGuard... and no one else dressed up! Was well good!

People actually thought I was a lifeguard tho... hahahaha... asking if I was celebrating getting my qualifications! :biggrin: Obviously I played up to it telling them about all the people I saved! :biggrin: :wink: :smile:

:rofl:
TKR
i just hate fancy dress generally its SUCH an effort

A year in Durham will change your mind about this.
Becca
It hasn't changed my mind. I still hate dressing up.

:eek:
Why?
Fair enough, I spose!
Reply 18
you'll most likely head to Shincliffe / Bowburn / High School areas - no narrow roads at all, and pretty quiet

examiner's not going to want to get stuck in a traffic jam on Elvet for 30mins then head back to test centre, they'll be wanting to avoid the traffic.....
Reply 19
Becca
It's a pain! And I just don't like it!

:eek: Becca!!! You weird girl!!

Everyone loves dressing up! :biggrin: I hated it before I came to Durham, then after a year here I love it :biggrin:

Can't believe there are people like you and David (WXYZ) who don't like to do it :rolleyes: :p:

Latest