The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

The Forge Sheffield Uni and Hallam Students

Hey guys

not may people have posted up about the forge recently so I thought that I would lol!!! Anyways how amazing does this place look I was totally gob smacked to be offered this accommodation but I have not been to see it yet! What does it look like? I will be studying at Sheffield Uni for a BA in Modern Languages with Interpreting. I thought this could be a good way of everyone at the forge introducing themselves and so when we all move in we can meet together and all get really really drunk. Does anyone know if the accommodation is mixed or single sex? lol (I am just curious HONEST)

I am going to be living in the loxley Building in flat HG04 in Room B

so guys post ur replies and keep posting

CIAO FOR NOW

MATT :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey!! Im goin sheff hallam to do Bsc Psychology. Dunno wot building im in but im in flat K522 with my best mate n 2 uther hallam girls i dont kno! I got given really crappy accom by sheff hallam n am very happily gonna decline it now ive sorted out the forge. It does look amazin, ive drivin past it n seen it from the outside but my mate went yday n sed its amazin, they got a tour of the show flat n its v nice. Nice to kno no1 slpet in the bed used shower etc. Im goin up on sunday 2 have a look :smile:
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
Yeah it looks lush, I've applied to go there (I'm SHU)
Reply 3
yeh im in sheaf building! altho, id like to know how big the flats are, doesn't really say anywhere
Reply 4
xx_sair_xx
. Nice to kno no1 slpet in the bed used shower etc. Im goin up on sunday 2 have a look :smile:

It looks far too good to be true hee hee. I bet the shower leaks, the beds are like rocks, the floors are squeaky and the walls are thin as paper. There has to be something wrong with it. Oh, and the fire alarms will probably go off every night Ha ha! (not jealous, honest)
Reply 5
well at the moment it still has boards out the front but I've looked round the side and it looks pretty excellent.
Reply 6
Yeah i hope its ready in time!! Have most of you got ur address and tenancy agreement through for The Forge now? Still waiting for mine, did only apply last week though!

I cant wait now, the staff said when i was there, that there is alot of communal space within the buildings such as a cafe, commons rooms, quiet rooms, courtyard i think too, so should be good and easy to meet new people!!
*cries*

why o why couldn't i have discovered this place... :frown:
Reply 8
Hi! yeah i was placed in liberty works by sheffield hallam accomodation services. I never went to see it but it didn't look good. (i really didnt fancy sharing a bathroom with a load of randomers)!!! So i went to the forge and booked privately. got a premium room which im really pleased about. flat j107. so happily declined liberty works!! cant wait to get in this place! the showroom was really good. Just hope i get placed with 1st years and not 2nd or 3rd years!! the only thing is i cant move in until the 23rd or 25th. (would of liked to move in sooner). But the forge looks amazing!!!! so ill see you all there!!
xxxxxxxxxxx
Reply 9
Ah nice, just got my things through today.. Still didn't get my prem room :'( Ah well :P
Hi! do you know what flat your in????
Reply 11
Not yet holly, only just got back from work..

I was supposed to be going clubbing this weekend in sheff with some mates but it kinda fell through :frown:
Reply 12
Hey Sheffield Buddies

I am really quite disappointed because no body seems to be in the loxley building or in or near my flat :frown: I bet any money that I will be with 2nd and 3rd Years!

Oh well thats Life lol
Reply 13
mattyboy27
Hey Sheffield Buddies

I am really quite disappointed because no body seems to be in the loxley building or in or near my flat :frown: I bet any money that I will be with 2nd and 3rd Years!

Oh well thats Life lol

Im not sure what building im in!! Does anyone know what the thin building at the front on the Brammal Lane side of the forge is called?
Reply 14
does it not say on your contract?
Reply 15
No it doesnt, jus block J, but i know im in the thin building because the girl on site showed me the plans....
Hi!! sorry just missed u yesterday TeamMCS, hope u had a good weekend anyway! tom05 i think you may be in my building!! on the plans, was it the building on the far right??? did u not get to pick ur flat and room?? When is everyone moving in??

xxxx holly xxxx
Reply 17
crazyholz01
Hi!! sorry just missed u yesterday TeamMCS, hope u had a good weekend anyway! tom05 i think you may be in my building!! on the plans, was it the building on the far right??? did u not get to pick ur flat and room?? When is everyone moving in??

xxxx holly xxxx

Hey holly, i think am in the same building as you! I think were in the same building(Block J), im on the fifth floor though, and think your on the 1st, is that right?

I didnt get to pick my flat or room, did you? Im moving some stuff up on the 23rd hopefully then moving in on the 25th! you?
hey tom!! yeah i didnt know what day to move, but sunday was the better option cos my dad and step mum work mon to fri!!! LOL! Mite bring some stuff up on the friday tho, but ill prob not want to leave! The parkings rubbish to so dont know where id leave my car!! prob just leave it till sunday!

yeah thats right im on the first floor, i got to pick my flat and room! didnt want to stagger up too many stairs but then i found out there was a lift!!!

Whats everyone doing on that sunday night???

holly xxx
Reply 19
I'll go out on a limb and say getting stupidly drunk?