The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Imperial all the way
Reply 2
kingxlr8
Hey Guys, How would you compare Imperial and Princeton for engineering. Please give comments with reasons :yes:

Thanking you in advance for your time.

I would say they would be the same or at least pretty similar in terms of how good they are. But if you go to Imperial it will be a LOT cheaper with student finance and the low tuition fee. But with that said, I would choose Princeton over Imperial if I can afford it since it is much more prestigious and I love America so much more
Reply 3
anillatoo
Imperial all the way

But Why :smile:
Reply 4
They're both great, more importantly what preferences do you have in terms of the course / assessment structure at either uni and.. money money money.. and location location location!
Reply 5
Princeton.

Silly question (if you have the money, that is)
Reply 6
It is considered the equivalent of MIT in USA which is better than Princeton for me in Engineering...
Reply 7
What kind of aid are you getting with Princeton. I don't know about rep, but the real decision here should be whether you want to go to USA or stay in Uk, and whether you want a broad or focussed degree.
Reply 8
Princeton. Its general rep is way better. You WILL be set for life. Plus the american uni system is more flexible, and there is a lot more you can do. Go for Princeton!!
Reply 9
Im laughing at all this 'Princeton reputation is much better'

Is this excluding watching Legally Blonde and Legally Blonde 2, 10x times in a row?

If the OP wants to work in the US, Princeton may be better. If the OP wants to work in the US in an engineering capacity, i would say they're equal as Imperial IS known by the engineering circles.

If the OP wants to work in engineering outside of the US, Imperial is better reputationally.

On an engineering academic note Imperial wipes the floor with Princeton. Only MIT, Caltech and Berkeley are probably better.
Reply 10
Thanks to all for replies
Reply 11
billydisco

On an engineering academic note Imperial wipes the floor with Princeton.

A bit hyperbole i think? :p: Or I'm wrong?? :cool:
billydisco
If the OP wants to work in the US, Princeton may be better. If the OP wants to work in the US in an engineering capacity, i would say they're equal as Imperial IS known by the engineering circles.

If the OP wants to work in engineering outside of the US, Imperial is better reputationally.

On an engineering academic note Imperial wipes the floor with Princeton. Only MIT, Caltech and Berkeley are probably better.

You clearly have a deep seated hatred for the Ivy League in general given your previous posts, so to say your advice is even a little bias is an understatement.

Let your rejection tears flow mate and learn to forgive and forget :rolleyes:
Reply 13
Cambridge!!!!!
Harvard >>>>>
Reply 15
Personally I'd go for Princeton because studying there would just be a dream come true for me.
Reply 16
Focus08
Princeton.

Silly question (if you have the money, that is)

Ditto,=
Reply 17
I think you can exchange with princeton for a year or so when studying at Imperial (though don't quote me on this :biggrin:). If that be the case I would go for Imperial with a year in Princeton (indeed, I will, if that be the case.)
Reply 18
princeton instead of imperial for engineering is similar to harvard instead of MIT -.-

there's a reason imperial has a mutual exchange program with MIT... but dude if you want to go there and spend a sh*tload of money on a 4 year Bsc then do it nobody will stop you
Go to Imperial if you want to get absolutely buttraped.

Speaking from experience.

Latest

Trending

Trending