School bags for 6th form... Watch

This discussion is closed.
MissSurfer
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I know this is pretty random but what bag are you gonna use/do you use for 6th form/college?

At my school in the lower years (ie. year 7-11) most people have those nike drawstring bags. They're alright for school I suppose but now I'm fed up with them and want something a bit more...um..stylish? I bought a shoulder satchel style bag a bit like this one http://www.onfire.co.uk/shop/proddet...6061DSK&cat=15 but now i'm wondering whether it's too big - do most people just carry folders n stuff, and have a little handbag (girls) or pockets (boys)?

Can anyone advise me?

MissSurfer
Nightowl
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm gong to have to take a bag or something, I can't fit folders in my pockets and can't be bothered to carry everything everywhere, would look like stereotype work overload, where your wobbling about everywhere. Taking stylish bag is "my bag".
veryrandom
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm not gonna bother buying a new bag (well, not until the good weather is over and I need zips to keep my bag shut from the rain lol)- I know I'm not gonna want to use the same bag everyday, as I want my bag to match/compliment my outfit, as sad as that may sound...
The bag from that site is quite good, it can never be too big, I mean it's better to have a big bag than a small one and trying so hard to stuff everything in, isn't it?! Also denim is quite neutral and it goes with practically everything.
=Keith=
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
OH MY GOD !
We dont have 6th form system here yet we do Ols and Als..
and we were LEAST BOTHERED bout bags, clothes and.. ahhhh..
Lykabelle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I don't think it's advisable to be going around carrying folders and only having a handbag because that wouldn't be very practical lol but I do see a few people like that. But most people in my 6th form have those messenger bags that you put across your shoulder and I've also got one.
oblivious
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i have a messenger bag does the job
Mata
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I used to have all my folders in a bag (heavy, if you have a folder for each subject you do that day) and my friend tried to put everything into one folder (heavy every day, but she didn't need a bag).

Eventually, I left the folders at home, brought in the work that I needed for that day folded up in my handbag (a little bigger than A5). Ended up forgetting things every now and again but nothing too bad.
Pixelated
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Just something which can occupy my textbooks, lunch, and pads of paper; I'll carry folders and the like... A Tesco's carrier-bag would probably do the job for that, although I like to think I'm a bit more up-class than that, so perhaps a Waitrose one. :p:
Nightowl
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Pixelated)
Just something which can occupy my textbooks, lunch, and pads of paper; I'll carry folders and the like... A Tesco's carrier-bag would probably do the job for that, although I like to think I'm a bit more up-class than that, so perhaps a Waitrose one. :p:
Definetly Waitrose, you must have standards, darling!
Pixelated
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
LOL! Of course. :p:
SianyLou
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Jane Norman type shoulder bags - sufficient and carry a surprising amount of crap!
Aired
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I always seem to have loads of stuff to carry around college with me.

Folders, textbooks, paper, pencil case, lab coat...
Melanie47
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I know some people at my school who just carry little handbags around with them, and then have to carry all their books and folders in their hands, which seems rather pointless to me :confused:
mikeski
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by MissSurfer)
I know this is pretty random but what bag are you gonna use/do you use for 6th form/college?

At my school in the lower years (ie. year 7-11) most people have those nike drawstring bags. They're alright for school I suppose but now I'm fed up with them and want something a bit more...um..stylish? I bought a shoulder satchel style bag a bit like this one http://www.onfire.co.uk/shop/proddet...6061DSK&cat=15 but now i'm wondering whether it's too big - do most people just carry folders n stuff, and have a little handbag (girls) or pockets (boys)?

Can anyone advise me?

MissSurfer
thats a nice bag
shyopstv
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I have a big backpack (very fashionable lol) which I carry everything around in. I also have a locker at college so generally, i just carry my folder and the textbooks I need to each lesson
Dark and Lovely
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
the girls with little hand bags around secondary school do ma head in with their school bags in tow aswell

ive bought two large handbags-one white, one black and im gettin a brown one-if u can afford 2 buy big handbags or messenger bags in the basic colours of ur outfit then do that-but im so lazy im gonna wear outfits that go with the bag my books are in from the night before! lol
DeliBelly
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
I had a bag that carried nessecities, and carried the folder or two i needed in another bag, mde life simple really, cos our lessons are in 2 or 3 hour blocks, so only had one or two folders to carry everyday. It means that i can leave me school rubbish in classroom at break/lunch and just take me essentials. lol. Bet that doesnt make much sense, lol. See, sometimes at our sixth form, we occasionally walk into town (depending on which school we're at) for drinks/food/food and drink at pub etc etc.
And to everyone who got A's and B's in Chemistry, well done, it obviously wasnt Chemistry Nuffield.
schizophrenic
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by shyopstv)
I have a big backpack (very fashionable lol) which I carry everything around in. I also have a locker at college so generally, i just carry my folder and the textbooks I need to each lesson
same here i need to carry a fairly large bag to sixth form every day, i already have 4 a4 files that need to be taken in every day! :eek:
shyopstv
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by schizophrenic)
same here i need to carry a fairly large bag to sixth form every day, i already have 4 a4 files that need to be taken in every day! :eek:
I used to that but then I moved everything over to one big file. The main thing that stops me from using a smaller bag is that I can't be bothered to orgainse everything so I end up taking all my stuff with me even though I don't need it :rolleyes:
Candy_Shop
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If your girl, DO NOT wear a rucksack :eek: Girls look awful with rucksacks. If your a guy rucksacks are OK, but make sure it's not too big.

BUT .... I would advise for both guys and gals some sort of shoulder satchel bag. Like the one in the first post. But obviously that one wouldn't work for boys. I'd recommend. For me, I'll be wearing a nike shoulder satchel bag thing.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1623)
79.13%
Leave (428)
20.87%

Watched Threads