Quad bike insurance

Watch
FloppyBunny789
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Anyone got a road legal quad on here? How much is isurance on them?
BackDoorEntry
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
tthis guy has

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg62P8xhTRw
kent_student_19
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Went on a quad bike on holiday this year...when we came back looked at getting one of these:

http://www.quad-infos.com/model_pics...0MXU%20250.jpg

250cc with a 20 year old on third party fire and theft was like £700...there is also some laws around the cc size and stuff which was abit confusing
Sync
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Our farm quad is road legal and agricultural registered. Insurance is around £150 with the NFU and covers any driver with permission, but expect that to be considerably higher if you register the quad as PLG (can go any distance at any time) instead of agricultural (can't go more than three miles from the farm and can't go out at night).

For what it's worth, they're quite shocking on the road. Sports quads are better than agricultural quads on the tarmac, but they still don't handle all that well. I think you'll soon get bored unless you have access to farm land to use it on...
BTCC Fan
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Saw an episode of Fith gear where one of the presenters tested a Quad on the road and concluded it was rubbish on the road. He had lean an awful lot to get it to turn corners, especially roundabouts.
crazyjoyce
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by BackDoorEntry)
tthis guy has

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg62P8xhTRw
yes, sven = legend.
Sync
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by BTCC Fan)
Saw an episode of Fith gear where one of the presenters tested a Quad on the road and concluded it was rubbish on the road. He had lean an awful lot to get it to turn corners, especially roundabouts.
Link to video here. I have the exact same quad as he was testing in the video. Whilst he's vastly exaggerating the amount you have to lean to get it round corners, he's right in the sense that they do feel very vague on road and are hard to turn (especially when on off-road tyres).

They're incredibly fun if you've got farmland to play around on, but they're pointless for road only use. Plus, every time I venture out on the road to fill ours with petrol, you feel like an utter cretin. I've taken to using jerry cans instead!
sarahlin
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Try Adrian Flux insurance and it provides affordable cheap insurance.
Riderz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Whhyyyy would you? Its all the disadvantages of a car (traffic jams) with the disadvantages of a bike (open to the weather, low load carrying capacity) and the advantages of neither.

Do job properly and get either a bike or a car. Quads are great for rounding up cattle or sheep, when a car would be too big and cumbersome and a bike would be very difficult on the terrain, but they are useless on the road.
Brandonkav1999
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Anyone know where i can get cheap insurance for a 650cc at age 21??? Ive been given a quote for £2500 third party only which is ridiculous!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (105)
60.34%
No (69)
39.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed