Why do guys give hot and cold messages?! Watch

This discussion is closed.
eleanor.ellis
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ha! your one of those hot and cold blokes too arent you!
Kish_Kash_1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by dimexi)
That i dont care about but u could ave easily just ignored what i typed and moved on.. I think u just childish and not about not caring about what ppl feel cos u havent even in the lease upset me.. Just spking my mind but the difference is im doing it properly

Properly, as opposed to what? Standard English? Sentences that make sense?

You can't even put together a sentence which just implies that you're ticked off.

:cool:
dimexi
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
And your avatar says you are a respected member... I think not....
As for putting sentences together, lol.. Im sure i am more educated than you and also have a lot more sense... i can tell that from the way you TRY to communicate..
That will be all
Kish_Kash_1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
And your avatar says you are a respected member... I think not....
As for putting sentences together, lol.. Im sure i am more educated than you and also have a lot more sense... i can tell that from the way you TRY to communicate..
That will be all

That's actually a first for me.

Well you are older than me which implies you are actually more educated i.e. you could have gone to college and, maybe you are in university, whereas I have just finished my GCSE's.

As for the 'I have alot more sense' crap- yes ok, but I don't care.

Now, 'That will be all' my pet.
dimexi
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
lol!! i actually find you mildly hilarious as regards to your last post..
Kish_Kash_1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
lol!! i actually find you mildly hilarious as regards to your last post..

I think I would find your posts funny If I understood them. It amazes me at how people like me come across people like you. I must be a class above you.
fuglyduckling
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Why do guys give hot and cold messages? One of two reasons:

1) He actually quite likes you but doesn't want his friends/other people to know. Hence he's hot sometimes and cold when you're with certain other people.

2) He likes you, and wants to get you all excited by playing hard-to-get.

Just my two cents...
mangomaz
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
So true, there was this guy where I was working while I was abroad this summer and one second he was asking me out and the next second he was answering calls from his 'girlfriend' who I found out later didnt exist :confused:
Why would someone lie about something like that?
fuglyduckling
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Pretending you have a girlfriend is probably taking it a bit too far! :p:
fleur-de-lis
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by mangomaz)
So true, there was this guy where I was working while I was abroad this summer and one second he was asking me out and the next second he was answering calls from his 'girlfriend' who I found out later didnt exist :confused:
Why would someone lie about something like that?
Probably to make himself feel important- and probably he thought that you might consider it an honour when he asked you out (esp as he had this fictitious girlfriend)
DeLboY
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Beekeeper)
You might have scared the guy off yourself, perhaps by getting a bit too attached?
I've backed off in relationships before because the pace is a bit too fast for my liking...
He still should have the decency to let her know how he's feeling. There's nothing wrong with backing off, but she has a right to know why he's doing this.
If he isn't secure enough to tell her to her face, a text is better than nothing.
There's no excuse for just ignoring someone (unless they don't listen to you the first time)
yo-less
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Kish_Kash_1)
I'm one of those people who speak their minds, without being considerate of other peoples feelings.
thats very evident :rolleyes:
_poptart_
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by Clarkey_Berlin)
Why do guys give hot and cold messages? One of two reasons:

1) He actually quite likes you but doesn't want his friends/other people to know. Hence he's hot sometimes and cold when you're with certain other people.

2) He likes you, and wants to get you all excited by playing hard-to-get.

Just my two cents...
Well 1 may be a bit true cos it was only really when his mate turned up that he started acting like it...
But just to repeat, i cant give a crap anymore cos i dont have the effort to understand his mind games! oh yeah, and im moving to another country in 19 days lol :P:
lisac
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
As someone rightly said, he seems to be confused and doesnt know what he wants.. but then i notice in one of your posts you say you dont like him that much, well if thats the case then you shouldnt really be bothered if he blows hot and cold really.. I suggest you ask him directly why the hell he is doing that... Another thing might be maybe he has a gf and he is feeling guilty meeting up with you but that is only a speculation...

And by the way Girls are the WORST at blowing hot and cold... I'll just put a bit of my own story here,
I met this girl a while ago this year and after a while of meeting up and stuff we decided we really liked each other, she was VERY sweet around me and things were going quite well, and all of a sudden she started ignorin my txt and calls., then about a month later I bumped into her when i went out, her excuse was "i didnt have credit" and I was like FOR A WHOLE MONTH?!?! and she said yes.. so i accepted anyways, that night she was all over me and i asked if she was sure she wanted to be with me cos it seemed her attention was straying.. well she said she was happy to be with me and stuff like that so i was happy for the moment.. only for her to start ignoring my calls and txt like 2 weeks later!!!! I really liked this gal so i was a bit hurt by that.. Anyways she txted me out of the blue like 2 months later saying she was off to tenerife and was about to board the plane.. and im like is that all u have to tell me after almost 3 months and that she needs to tell me if she was me out of her hair and she never replied since then.. The last time i called she got some guy to pick up her fone which i found a bit stupid so i left a message..
My point is that why the hell didnt she just tell me she didnt wanna be with me as opposed to stringin me along.. she kept blowin hot and cold all the time!!! anyways ppl can comment on this if they want and this is just the edited story lol
maybe she had a bloke all along? i believe she did like you but just tipped for the easy safe option thats what i always do!
dimexi
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ah true thats a good point., never thought of that.. always thought maybe she found another bloke as opposed to already having one.
She wasnt very faithful to her guy then i guess.. not that i mean things went very far with us... but still not very faithful....

Thanks for replying
lisac
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
id say that may be the case, or she was meeting him and couldnt chooe maybe hes the boring clingy type and she wanted something easy but if so she will soon get bored! you might have had a easy escape
dimexi
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
lol i suppose....
She seemed so nice and polite to be that kind of girl though... but ah well!! its life isnt it lol..
lisac
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
lol i suppose....
She seemed so nice and polite to be that kind of girl though... but ah well!! its life isnt it lol..
yep... the nicest ones are the worst! :rolleyes:
dimexi
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
True words!!!!
mangomaz
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by fleur-de-lis)
Probably to make himself feel important- and probably he thought that you might consider it an honour when he asked you out (esp as he had this fictitious girlfriend)
He was a bit up himself.... but i figured it was only cz he was really short and so it was the only way he could make himself feel bigger.
He was also absolutely gorgeous and everything I'd want in a man except for being a bit short and well yeh the whole making up a girlfriend thing.

But I'm probably never going to see him again so never mind.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1410)
79.66%
Leave (360)
20.34%

Watched Threads