This discussion is closed.
Ditzy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I'e just been watching the live streaming on E4 and they just said they had 2 hours sleep yesterday, I missed the program last night so can any one explain why this was? I thought they were supposed to stay awake all week, not have naps in the middle! Thats cheating!
Col-C
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ditzy blonde)
I'e just been watching the live streaming on E4 and they just said they had 2 hours sleep yesterday, I missed the program last night so can any one explain why this was? I thought they were supposed to stay awake all week, not have naps in the middle! Thats cheating!
Apparently it was due to 'health and safety issues' - ie, they were going nuts. They were allowed 2 hours sleep, and are allowed 1 hour per day for the rest of the week.

Bit of a con if you ask me......
Ditzy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Col-C)
Apparently it was due to 'health and safety issues' - ie, they were going nuts. They were allowed 2 hours sleep, and are allowed 1 hour per day for the rest of the week.

Bit of a con if you ask me......
I'ma lot less impressed now, I thought they were staying awake all week, couldn't do it myself thought, I only had 5 hours sleep last night instead of my usual 8 and I'm struggling to function properly and have really itchy eyes!
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'ma lot less impressed now, I thought they were staying awake all week, couldn't do it myself thought, I only had 5 hours sleep last night instead of my usual 8 and I'm struggling to function properly and have really itchy eyes!
What they aren't allowed to do is have an 'illegal' sleep (which they define as having eyes closed for 10 seconds or more). Every time they sleep 'illegally' they lose money from the prize. But they are allowed to let them have small naps when the production team decide it's needed.
Ditzy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chicken)
What they aren't allowed to do is have an 'illegal' sleep (which they define as having eyes closed for 10 seconds or more). Every time they sleep 'illegally' they lose money from the prize. But they are allowed to let them have small naps when the production team decide it's needed.
Ah, thank you, I understand now!
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Did anybody see the nude model in it? She was so old she must have been at least 50. It was quite hard to watch.
Chicken
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Did anybody see the nude model in it? She was so old she must have been at least 50. It was quite hard to watch.
THey had to sit through a lecture on triangles as well! They have to keep doing mind numbingly boring tasks as well like peel potatoes or count lentils and stay awake through it all.
Ditzy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chicken)
THey had to sit through a lecture on triangles as well! They have to keep doing mind numbingly boring tasks as well like peel potatoes or count lentils and stay awake through it all.
I don't know, that triangles lecture looked quite interesting! (can you spot the maths geek!)
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I don't know, that triangles lecture looked quite interesting! (can you spot the maths geek!)
haha Pyfagourous(sp) is actaully quite interesting! Now then class Asq+Bsq=Csq.

He should have done a lecture of trigomontery that would have sent them to sleep.

Ever better they should have hired me to sit and talk about C++ programming!
Moochy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i watched a bit of the live one last night. it was a bit boring but kinda funny when they started fighting with the sofa.

i spose it is cheating when they actually do go to sleep during it. it defeats the whole object. altho i know its kinda dangerous havin no sleep at all but thats the whole point of the prog.
gzftan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I reckon if i had to go for a week without sleep...i'd actually go mad! There is no way i could keep my sanity without sleep!

G
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gzftan)
I reckon if i had to go for a week without sleep...i'd actually go mad! There is no way i could keep my sanity without sleep!

G
I start going mad after about 30 hours of none sleep. Luckily its very rare that I get that little.
gzftan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
I start going mad after about 30 hours of none sleep. Luckily its very rare that I get that little.
I need my sleep....i can't function properly unless i get at least 6-7 hours every night!

G
Davebenham02
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

THAT SUCKS!!
"THERE GOING TO LAST 64 HOURS"
"OK U MAY SLEEP 4 2 HOURS"
WHAT THE HELL ITS A COMPETITION!!!!
THEY VOLENTEEERED TO DO IT THERE FAULT IF THEY GO CRAZY
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (59)
13.41%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (57)
12.95%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (168)
38.18%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (46)
10.45%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (87)
19.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
5.23%

Watched Threads