Turn on thread page Beta

so if u didnt get in at oxbridge whats your first choice now? watch

ReputationRep:
    i am having durham as my first choice, as cambridge don't seem to want me! its an ABB offer for philosophy, and i like it. i went to visit and the people seemed nice, and its a pretty town and all other good things. grey college is my one, by the way.
    my insurance is probably nottingham, it looks really pretty and lots of people seem to think highly of it. however, the times league table rates it at number 30, and the guardian at 20 for philosophy. i know league tables are no basis for this choice really, but its a bit alarming. i have an offer from warwick, but thats AAB, which is higher than durham (where i would much rather go. its not a field.). sussex, don't fancy it much, brighton is too expensive to live in. this then leaves edinburgh, which maybe would be fun, but the accomodation info they sent me (which i'll admit i didn't actually read properly) suggested that if its only an insurance acceptance, i am not guaranteed accomodation, which sucks.
    please talk me into taking nottingham. i like to be sure of things.
    love emma
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    ive got an offer from nottingham 2! i'm still really confused which uni 2 go 2, altho its prob cos i need 2 visit them! even tho its hard when u had ur heart set on cam to go sumwhere else! oh well it obviously wasnt meant 2 be!

i havn't heard much about nottingam, although its higher in the league tables than durham durham seems to come better off!

would you choose nottingham or durham, and obviously the course is more popular at n'ham cos they ask 4 aab compared 2 durhams abc!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B00kwOrm)
    Sounds very nice & interesting!!! Are your parents diplomats or something?
    my dad was, he now works for the European Comission here in Belgium

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 7, 2004
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.