OCR History Watch

This discussion is closed.
schizophrenic
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
This damn exam board! I still havent got my correct History mark back! they havent added coursework or something I need to rant! Anyone else in the same boat? :mad:
Champagne Breakfast
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No, I got my A* just fine. Probably your school more than anything else.
anon53
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No; everything is fie with my history mark. Hope the situation is resolved shortly though.
garethDT
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm really angry with the History grade OCR gave me, I don't know how to get it remarked though.
Les Mcqueen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
What did you get and what were you expecting?
anon53
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I don't know how to get it remarked though.
I think the deadline for this is September 20th. You will need to speak to your history teacher to see if he/she supports your decision and the examinations officer will be able to request your exam paper to be sent to the school, so that you and your teacher can identify areas of weaknesse and discuss whether it is worth getting a remark. If you decide to, then your exams officer can request this for you. There is usually a fee though - I think it's £7.50 - which you may be expected to cover yourself. It could be worth it if you are very close to the next grade.
Best of luck with your decision.
garethDT
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Les Mcqueen)
What did you get and what were you expecting?
I got a B, despite my teacher marking my course work as a comfortable A and predicting me A/A*
Champagne Breakfast
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by garethDT)
I got a B, despite my teacher marking my course work as a comfortable A and predicting me A/A*
Predictions aren't everything (in fact they're quite stupid in my opinion) - maybe you didn't know the mark scheme properly or something like that. Also, an A in coursework makes it much more believable that you ended up with a B overall, whereas if you'd had an A* in coursework it may have made this a little dubious.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (230)
27.64%
No (602)
72.36%

Watched Threads