What are your best tips for someone just starting A Levels? Watch

This discussion is closed.
NickiM
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I am just about to start A Levels, I was wondering what were the best tips and advice you could give to me about A Levels and the work etc.
Thanks,
Nicki
Steeeeevo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NickiM)
I am just about to start A Levels, I was wondering what were the best tips and advice you could give to me about A Levels and the work etc.
Thanks,
Nicki
Dont expect them to be as easy as GCSE, other than that its fundamentaly the same, just allot more to know.
Sami C
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Work steadily through the year. Take good notes, revise hard at the end you'll be fine, especially with those GCSEs.
=Keith=
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
*get serious*
Multiplexed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Do not leave everything until the last month when Exams are approaching. Revise throughout the year, trust me, it sounds boring now but it helps so much.
Doom_and_Gloom
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If what your taking has coursework(s) make sure you get a high mark(s) in it as it keeps the pressure off of you a bit and that way even if you don't get so good exam results you can salvage a good enough pass that you might be pleased with.

As Multiplexed said don't leave anything to late. In theory doing it the night you get it would be best but in reality that probably won't happen but as soon as you can is good aslong as you get it in by the date stated by the teacher.

Use any free's you get for revision or even homework/coursework and not a lounge around as when it's nearer the exam time you will be soiling yourself about it.

Make sure you understand your notes. I took some last year that I didn't understand the next day and it hindered my revision a bit.

A good thing to get into is a time table for home where certain times are set aside for homework/coursework/revision. Start it early so it's a stress free little and often aproach so your planning ahead and not cramming it all into you right before the exams which probably won't work and will get you stressed. Also the certain times for doing these things will make it so your brain is expecting to revise and the like.

Although you have to do revision don't over do it. Give yourself breaks every half hour for 5-10mins listening to music, meditating or something like that so you can give your brain time to absorb what you have revised. If you don't give your brain a break it's not going to work that well. The first 15mins are said to be the best while revising something.

Also try not to revise more than 2 subjects a day. It doesn't useually help your brain retain valuable information.
Kish_Kash_1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Don't revise. Watch TV and just have fun. A Levels are bound to be easy.
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Kish_Kash_1)
... speak for yourself
Doom_and_Gloom
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You know I've nearly had about enough of you and you stupid posts. Will you say something usefull or not at all :mad: .
Kish_Kash_1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Doom_and_Gloom)
You know I've nearly had about enough of you and you stupid posts. Will you say something usefull or not at all :mad: .

Sorry, but I think that A Levels will beeasy. I am going to rest for most of my college life, because I know that i will get four A's at A Level.
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Sorry, but I think that A Levels will beeasy. I am going to rest for most of my college life, because I know that i will get four A's at A Level.
dont let that big head of yours grow any bigger!

How would you know if A levels were easy or not? You havent started them yet! So how can you be so sure?
Kish_Kash_1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by SketchyCanvas)
dont let that big head of yours grow any bigger!

How would you know if A levels were easy or not? You havent started them yet! So how can you be so sure?

I looked through some past papers on the AQA website and I honestly found the papers not challenging.
Pixelated
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
We're happy for you, Kish, really we are. :rolleyes: Now, d'ya reckon you could toodle off and leave us be? That'd be just swell. Kthxbye. :flute:
Doom_and_Gloom
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Okay as someone who did 2 AS's a year early along side my GCSE's I can tell you now that they are not going to be easy at all. I will be taking them AS's again as I didn't do as well as I had hoped while taking the A2 parts for both of them with a full A-Level. I know for a fact that A-Levels are not a walk in the park and if you think it is then you will get no-where.

"If you fail to prepare then prepare to fail." - Take this statement to heart cause if you do what you say I doubt you will get anything over C's for your A-Levels. You can't criticise something you have not done or started yet okay :mad: .
SketchyCanvas~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Pixelated)
We're happy for you, Kish, really we are. :rolleyes: Now, d'ya reckon you could toodle off and leave us be? That'd be just swell. Kthxbye. :flute:
:rofl:
Shickles
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
work hard. when you see all those A's on your results sheet, it will all be worth it. oh, and manage your time wisely and don't forget to have fun as well!
HearTheThunder
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Okay then, make sure to post your results in 2 years
Champagne Breakfast
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Doom_and_Gloom)
Okay as someone who did 2 AS's a year early along side my GCSE's I can tell you now that they are not going to be easy at all.
I did one a year early, they are easy.
HearTheThunder
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by The Ace is Back)
I did one a year early, they are easy.
Which one?
Champagne Breakfast
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
French
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (864)
80.3%
Leave (212)
19.7%

Watched Threads