The Student Room Group
Reply 1
ive done this in the wrong place havnt I, doh
I applied to Manchester last year; they accepted me with AS Level Grades BCC and that was for Modern History and Politics; I got it with A Levels BBB
Reply 3
i applied for Law this year. they said they recieved my application on the 21st October but gave me an offer on 3rd November; i reckon that was quick tho because maybe they didn't have many applications at that time, they'll be much busier right now.
Reply 4
AndrewJameson
How long did it take for you to hear anything from them?

What did you apply for and what grades do they require?

What AS grades did you get?

Did they ask for an interview?

I applied for Business And Maths at Manchester last year, they wanted AAB. I applied in late february and got my offers some time before April.
I also applied to UMIST for management, I got in, they wanted AAB also, and I recieved the offer around April too. My AS grades where AAC. No interview, just an invitation to an Open Day.
Reply 5
My AS grades were nothing great.

I applied to Manchester for Economics and was made an offer of BBC (the standard offer)

I also applied to UMIST for Business management and American studies (a 4 year couse with a year in America) the offers are usually AAB, i got rejected for that. But they offered me Mathematics, Statistics and Operational research (300 points with an A in Maths, or it might have been ABC with an A in Maths, i can't remember which.)

I heard from Manchester very quickly within maybe a month of submitting my UCAS, UMIST was maybe a month and a bit later.

Latest

Trending

Trending