The Student Room Group

How to get a Distinction star in BTEC National Diploma?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by kpusa1981
GCSEs matter in as much as that you need passes in English and Math.I wish I worked for UCAS because i would not be looking for work. I been studying the differences between education systems of America and the UK.

Well nice to finally see someone who will know. Basically I'm moving to america in like 2 years after my Btec level 3 business extended diploma and I'm aiming to achieve triple distinction stars and I've contacted some universities in America and they said that could get me some credits towards the degree and reduce the time I would spent studying a business degree. So I'm wondering if you would know the exact years Im likely to skip as someone has already told me that the american advance placement allow you to skip 2 years and that's only equivalent to half of the btec 170 UCAS points so I'm wondering if you would know
I got 6Distinction + 5 merits and got Double Distinction which got me I believe 220 UCAS points and +10 for Functional skills (I did the same course as you:smile:
yes you can get distinction star if you distinction in every single unit and coursework, i need to think that nothing it impossible for you, people can get them if they believe in their our ability
Reply 43
Original post by platinumgirl
yes you can get distinction star if you distinction in every single unit and coursework, i need to think that nothing it impossible for you, people can get them if they believe in their our ability

You can leave some at merit/pass

Subsidiary Diploma you need 530/540 points for D*
Diploma you need 1060/1080 for D*D*
Extended Diploma you need 1590/1620 for D*D*D*
Original post by yt7777
You can leave some at merit/pass

Subsidiary Diploma you need 530/540 points for D*
Diploma you need 1060/1080 for D*D*
Extended Diploma you need 1590/1620 for D*D*D*

How many UCAS points are each of those above worth? Or does it vary from different subjects?
Reply 45
Original post by LemonadeAspire
How many UCAS points are each of those above worth? Or does it vary from different subjects?

Extended Diploma (worth 3 A levels) - D*D*D* = 420 UCAS points
Diploma (worth 2 A levels) - D*D* = 280 UCAS points
Subsidiary Diploma (worth 1 A level) - D* = 140 UCAS points

-------------------------

It doesnt depend on subject and the grades map the worth of the equivalent grade in an A level in terms of UCAS points, so for example: a Merit is equivalent to a C at A level and worth 80 UCAS points, and a Distinction = A (120 points) and a Pass= E (40 points).

if you do a diploma or an extended diploma, you get multiple grades because they are more work, for example in a diploma you could get DM which = AC at A level and is worth the equivalent points so 120 (D) + 80 (M)

Same applies for the extended diploma, you could get D*DD which equals A*AA at A level and is worth 140 + 120 + 120 points

Make sense?
Original post by yt7777
Extended Diploma (worth 3 A levels) - D*D*D* = 420 UCAS points
Diploma (worth 2 A levels) - D*D* = 280 UCAS points
Subsidiary Diploma (worth 1 A level) - D* = 140 UCAS points

-------------------------

It doesnt depend on subject and the grades map the worth of the equivalent grade in an A level in terms of UCAS points, so for example: a Merit is equivalent to a C at A level and worth 80 UCAS points, and a Distinction = A (120 points) and a Pass= E (40 points).

if you do a diploma or an extended diploma, you get multiple grades because they are more work, for example in a diploma you could get DM which = AC at A level and is worth the equivalent points so 120 (D) + 80 (M)

Same applies for the extended diploma, you could get D*DD which equals A*AA at A level and is worth 140 + 120 + 120 points

Make sense?

Made it clear! :smile: Thank you!! So all I need to really do is get D*D* in my Business L3 Diploma. Wish me luck haha :tongue:
Reply 47
Original post by LemonadeAspire
Made it clear! :smile: Thank you!! So all I need to really do is get D*D* in my Business L3 Diploma. Wish me luck haha :tongue:

you also need to pass your other A level

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending