The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
There are seven LSE football teams, which play at Berrylands (get the train from waterloo). i'm not sure about pitches you can hire out, but there'll be leisure centres on the outskirts of london that will probably do like 5-aside footie tournaments.

ollie :biggrin:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
According to Hughski; the LSE football team is immense.

Yes, i'm suprised too.
Reply 3
do the freshers ever get into the top teams (1st team to 3rd team) id like to know. coz ive heard in manchester university it doesnt matter if ur good enough, no-one in the 1st year gets into the 1st team.
Reply 4
are you guys good at football? im more of a skater than a ballsports kinda guy :/
Reply 5
I love football, and I wouldn't mind playing though I really am not that good at it! hehe. hope there are other girls out there who are exactly the same! it would be fun to join a team - there had better be girls football!
maz_ron9
do the freshers ever get into the top teams (1st team to 3rd team) id like to know. coz ive heard in manchester university it doesnt matter if ur good enough, no-one in the 1st year gets into the 1st team.

It's kind of weird, the top few teams look for raw talent, if you're good they will take you into the team, but the lower teams prefer to just keep their friends in the team. I went for one of the lower teams, scored 2 goals from midfield in the training match which finished 3-1, and even though I know (without trying to sound bigheaded) i was better than 70% of their team, they were all mates and ended up only taking one player on out of a possible 30ish.

ollie.
Reply 7
seven football teams!!!!

*packs iran football shirt*
Sounds good
*packs scotland shirt* on second thoughts maybe not!
Reply 9
Parisian Scot
Sounds good
*packs scotland shirt* on second thoughts maybe not!

Why not! But I am supporting Italy tomorrow, there is just something about them :biggrin:
Reply 10
i cant wait. i can jus see all the chicks with bannners at the games sayin..............."MJ we love you!!!"
Reply 11
Anyone know what the rugby teams like?

Thats the sport for me (no really it is); nothing says 'welcome to lse' better then stickign your head up some blokes arse.
Reply 12
From what I've heard, there's two teams, the 1st team has a reasonably high standard whereas the 2nds are more of a social team. Here's info from the LSE Athletics Union:

While some people join the LSE for it's academic qualities, those of us at the LSE Rugby Club are far more interested in a number of other far more important activities...

Being able to find beer of suitable quality and especially quantity at the best price, being able to party with the guys and meeting friends for life.

Then there is the Rugby; with two teams we cater for all those of you who might want to take their sport more seriously and those of you who might never have played before.
Reply 13
I was just on the bankside committee website and noticed that each LSE hall has its own football team. So, I guess I'll be joining Bankside FC!!
Reply 14
The league table for ULU- 2005/06

Imperial College, London Men's 1s ULU
Imperial College, London Men's 2s ULU
King's College, London Men's 1s ULU
London School of Economics Men's 2s ULU
London School of Economics Men's 1s ULU
Queen Mary, University of London Men's 1s ULU
Royal Free & University College Medical School Men's 1s ULU
Royal Holloway, University of London Men's 1s ULU
School of Oriental & African Studies Men's 1s ULU
St Bartholemews & Royal London Men's 1 ULU
University College London Men's 2s ULU

University College London Men's 1s ULU
Reply 15
tiantang
The league table for ULU- 2005/06

Imperial College, London Men's 1s ULU
Imperial College, London Men's 2s ULU
King's College, London Men's 1s ULU
London School of Economics Men's 2s ULU
London School of Economics Men's 1s ULU
Queen Mary, University of London Men's 1s ULU
Royal Free & University College Medical School Men's 1s ULU
Royal Holloway, University of London Men's 1s ULU
School of Oriental & African Studies Men's 1s ULU
St Bartholemews & Royal London Men's 1 ULU
University College London Men's 2s ULU

University College London Men's 1s ULU

That will change when im playing as striker for LSE. :wink:
Reply 16
darv87
I was just on the bankside committee website and noticed that each LSE hall has its own football team. So, I guess I'll be joining Bankside FC!!

Yeh ill be joining them too. How many football teams are there then, for halls and ULU??
Reply 17
have a look here, http://personal.lse.ac.uk/bscomm/football/default.htm

not entirely sure about inter-collegiate football teams, but each LSE hall has their own team and they compete in a league, of which Bankside is top!
Reply 18
so whats the standard of football at lse. from they type of people that are sterotyped as 'lse types' i wouldnt have thought they would be amazing players?!

Latest

Trending

Trending