Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Pro-life, except in 3 special circumstances.

ReputationRep:
    I'm definitely pro-choice.

ReputationRep:
    Pro-life. I want it to be illegal again, with a decent prison sentence (10 years at least in most cases) attached to it.

In this day and age, it amazes me that anyone actually needs to have an abortion anyway. Contraception and the morning after pill (although the latter is technically aborting) should be sufficient to tackle anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LibertineNorth)
    Pro-life. I want it to be illegal again, with a decent prison sentence (10 years at least in most cases) attached to it.
    Even for rape victims?

ReputationRep:
    women should most definitely have the right to choose...making it illegal would in my opinion, enfringe upon civil rights

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicbloke)
    What would the police say if you started growing cannabis?

MB
    in her uterus?

ReputationRep:
    Definately pro choice. Ive never been in the situation myself of falling pregnant, but if I did, I would like to be able to make the choice myself.

Every circumstance is different- why should a woman be critisiced or even punished for making a decision which is right for them personally??

ReputationRep:
    make it ILLEGAL...its againts ISLAM!

ReputationRep:
    Pro-life.

ReputationRep:
    It would certainly be a very difficult choice for me, but I would like to have that choice, thank you.

I just try and avoid having to make that decision in the first place....

ReputationRep:
    Not everyone believes in Islam.

Making abortions illegal would only increase the amount of 'underground' abortions, which are highly dangerous, and possibly the amount of unwanted babies being put up for adoption/put into care.

Every woman should have a right to choose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Em.)
    Making abortions illegal would only increase the amount of 'underground' abortions, which are highly dangerous, and possibly the amount of unwanted babies being put up for adoption/put into care.

Every woman should have a right to choose.
    Please don't turn this into the third active abortion thread. No wonder I got bored of Debate and Discussion and took my activities to the Sport section and the Commons. You'll just waste your time going over the same points already covered many times before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Please don't turn this into the third active abortion thread. No wonder I got bored of Debate and Discussion and took my activities to the Sport section and the Commons. You'll just waste your time going over the same points already covered many times before.

To be fair, she was only answering the question and stating her reasons why...
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    make it ILLEGAL...its againts ISLAM!
    And as we all know, the laws in the UK (and Germany) are made based on what Islam says is right or wrong... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks dogtanian.

And for your information NDGAARONDI, I havent been on the other abortion threads, I didnt even know they existed until I saw this thread. Im merely giving my opinion like everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogtanian)
    To be fair, she was only answering the question and stating her reasons why...
    I know. I guess that the current layout of the site permits two threads of the same topic in two different sections and as we know that people have browsing habits so you will find certain people reply to this thread and others will respond to the other etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Em.)
    Thanks dogtanian.

And for your information NDGAARONDI, I havent been on the other abortion threads, I didnt even know they existed until I saw this thread. Im merely giving my opinion like everyone else.
    There's one in Debate and Discussion and have been many more before it. I just get bored over the same stuff time and time again. I've been here too long.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly. I'm not intellectual enough/bored enough to argue, so I don't tend to toddle over to D&D.

But I would say that getting all political here isn't really very H&R worthy. Personal reasons and beliefs about it, yes. Moral/political debate, maybe not...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LibertineNorth)

In this day and age, it amazes me that anyone actually needs to have an abortion anyway. Contraception and the morning after pill (although the latter is technically aborting) should be sufficient to tackle anything.
    You do realise that the pill is only 99% effective don't you? Therefore there is always a 1% chance of pregnancy although the woman has been protecting herself. Again, if a woman believes she is protected by her pill why would she think of taking the morning-after-pill since she hasn't had unprotected sex?
    Also, just because a woman enjoys sex doesn't mean that she must want a child. A couple could be married and still not want children, does that mean they have to have a non-sexual relationship until they choose to have children? Some people just hate the thought of a woman (Dear God!) enjoying sex and purely wanting sex for pleasure....they just want them to lay back and think of what to cook for dinner every time their husband wants sex and then must pump out as many kids as possible....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogtanian)
    Exactly. I'm not intellectual enough/bored enough to argue, so I don't tend to toddle over to D&D.

But I would say that getting all political here isn't really very H&R worthy. Personal reasons and beliefs about it, yes. Moral/political debate, maybe not...
    True.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 8, 2005
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.