Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i have accepted my place at surrey university through clearing, but can i withdraw from my place at that university? and go to another?

ReputationRep:
    best thing is to ask ucas about that fast! cos there may not be many clearing places left at other uni's.

ReputationRep:
    yeh thats what i thought, but i was just chekcing if there was anyone out there that has done the same....

ReputationRep:
    i was accepted to Bham Uni as my Firm choice, but then wanted to go Herts for personal reasons. I had to ring Herts and get in through clearing, even though it was my insurance choice because Bham had accepted me, Herts automatically rejected, so as Kwannie said i would sort it out very fast but i would ring the respective universities, maybe even the specific departments, particularly the admissions tutor for your respective area of studies. Hope that helps, but i think it is possible. Hope everything is ok!

ReputationRep:
    so you werent allowed to switch universities???

ReputationRep:
    What happened to me is that my first choice university initially regected me because i just missed one of my grades, i phoned up and they said definate NO!. And then i found out my insurance had accepted me (which i really didnt wanna go to) so in the end i ended up going to visit the tutor for the course i wanted to do in my first choice, and great he accepted me. Now ive just got to be released from the insurance choice and im in. so dont worry

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.