Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wondered wat the general feeling was on skinny fit jeans, which are supposed to be the new look shape for jeans at the moment. personally i love them but i know loadsa people who cant stand them...So? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I like them on thin people, i saw a girl who was about a size 16 in a pair the other day and though she wasnt particually huge, they made her look dreadful.

ReputationRep:
    Skinny fit jeans are my faves but that's because I am slim... if I wear larger ones, it's like being a rat in an elephant's clothing.

ReputationRep:
    skinny fit for skinny folk, binbags for the fatties! lol

ReputationRep:
    Why are only girls talking about skinny fit jeans? Especially since tight jeans for girls have always been around whereas skinny fit for guys is a bit more alternative. Up until now, it was more for skinny rockstars and more in the 70s and 80s... Gap are doing a special offer on skinny jeans for men and women and Levi's have their 511 skinny fit jeans for guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skatergirlannie)
    skinny fit for skinny folk, binbags for the fatties! lol

was that needed?

ReputationRep:
    I like skinny fit when they have a flair.. no flair then they look stupid. I don't intend on wearing jeans which are like my mums style of trousers.

ReputationRep:
    well in hong kong and japan skinny fit jeans are the *in* thing at the moment lol and ive brought two pairs from hong kong! but i dont see many british people wearing them in the streets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kwannie)
    well in hong kong and japan skinny fit jeans are the *in* thing at the moment lol and ive brought two pairs from hong kong! but i dont see many british people wearing them in the streets.
    i do! think they are the best fit. skinny fit jeans are the way forward!
    :cool: Julietx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juliet87)
    i do! think they are the best fit. skinny fit jeans are the way forward!
    :cool: Julietx
    Just out of interest, what do you wear with your skinny jeans? I was thinkin about metallic pumps. xx

ReputationRep:
    I think only a certain figure can carry off skinny jeans, tall and slim. Also I just don't think they look right on people with short legs, especially if they aren't wearing heals.

However Gap do a great skinny fit range

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loradora68)
    Just out of interest, what do you wear with your skinny jeans? I was thinkin about metallic pumps. xx
    yeah that sounds good. i usually wear black pumps or some pink Vand slip-ons i have if i wana be a little more casual! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loradora68)
    yeah that sounds good. i usually wear black pumps or some pink Vans slip-ons i have if i wana be a little more casual! xx

ReputationRep:
    im pear shaped.... what do we think of skinny jeans on pear shaped girls?
    also where can i pick up a cheap pair of jeans of a reasonable quality by cheap im thinking £30 or less (optimism!!)...any ideas?
    also where can i get hold of cheap clothes- im not really a hi-street girl and live in london... designer brands aren't really an option im on a budget!
    Thanks...(sorry i've kinda gone off the main point of this topic but your help is necessary- thanks)

ReputationRep:
    I just bought my first pair ever at the grand old age of 21! They looked great when i tried them on in the shop, but waiting to see what they will go with first before wearing them out! Little bit nervous as I'm not a beanpole but curvy!

ReputationRep:
    dorothy perkins do alright jeans for about £20. the denim is a bit thin though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleas001)
    im pear shaped.... what do we think of skinny jeans on pear shaped girls?
    also where can i pick up a cheap pair of jeans of a reasonable quality by cheap im thinking £30 or less (optimism!!)...any ideas?
    also where can i get hold of cheap clothes- im not really a hi-street girl and live in london... designer brands aren't really an option im on a budget!
    Thanks...(sorry i've kinda gone off the main point of this topic but your help is necessary- thanks)
    I'm 'pear shaped' and am stearing well clear of skinny jeans. Honestly, unless you have rather (by rather I mean very) slim thighs, you run the risk of looking chunky, even if you genuinely aren't, because they expose and outline the 'pear' in your shape. Its weird, I can get away with minis, footless tights, harem pants, yet not skinnies. Sigh. But if you feel confident enough to do it, get a friend to go with you and try some on to see how they look.

London shopping... been to Camden? £10 t-shirts and all sorts of other bargains if you care to look. I have a sequinned top from there, a printed skirt, some great jewellery. I always look in the vintage section - some of it seems overpriced but on the flipside some is underpriced.

ReputationRep:
    where excatly in camden- ive strolled around before but can never find reasonably priced stuff?

ReputationRep:
    i wear converse with mine.

ReputationRep:
    This is the only way that I know how to describe the direction:

Ok, if you get off the tube at camden town, turn right and walk all the way down to the lock. Once past it, you see a shop that sells gothwear and corsetry and turn left just after it, through the cobbled bits and the chinese food section, and on the other side of that section are the arches, where you find your vintage clothing (there are clothes stores along the way, some of which are reasonably priced and very interesting).

Some of the stores in the arches are more expensive than others (once fell in love with a gorge silk jacket for £280 in one of them). Ship is less expensive but a bit like a jumble sale if you ask me. Fun, though. Basically, around that area is where I find most of my bargainous things.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.