The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

neville36
Don't you also get 1 reduced NAD from the link reaction???

Yes! Yes you do! I'll correct my original post :biggrin:
Reply 61
can anyone please upload the january 2010 unit 4 paper? quote me and upload please...
Reply 62
mmaa
can anyone please upload the january 2010 unit 4 paper? quote me and upload please...

Bio+Unit+4+Jan+2010+Question+Paper.pdf

Bio+Unit+4b+Jan+2010+Mark+Scheme.pdf

Hope this works. Quote me if it doesn't and i'll try something else.
Ahhhhhhhhhhh :'(
Reply 64
piece-of-me
Ahhhhhhhhhhh :'(

My thoughts exactly! Thanks for the help on the phosphorylation by the way it's beginning to make more sense :smile:
Reply 65
guys do you think how science works will dominate the whole paper this time round? ive got a really strong feeling it will :frown:
Hassi
guys do you think how science works will dominate the whole paper this time round? ive got a really strong feeling it will :frown:

i believe its going to be exactly the same as last time. So loads:woo:
i think it might be less how sciency worksy this time :smile: ...(well atleast i hope it is :| )
Reply 68
It will be the same, papers are written 18 months in advance.
Ohhhh great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :frown:
I don't even know what to revise now...
Reply 71
Shall we create a facebook group already to argue against it? :tongue:
Reply 72
Jemma_02
Does anyone have a good way of remembering photophosphorylation, oxidative phosphorylation and substrate-level phosphorylation...I can't get the meanings to stick in my head so I keep getting them muddled :s-smilie:

The one i can help u remember is photophosphorylation Just think for today and tomorrow and for unit 5 that photo means light As in the LDR a pair of electrons are shifted to an excited state because of light energy hitting a chlorophyll molecule. Because of this the pair of electrons move out of the chlorophyll molecule and pass down a series of e- carriers here ATP is made as energy is lost and used to combine an ADP molecule and inorganic Pi molecule to form ATP. So photophosphorylation only occurs in PHOTOSYNTHESIS in the LDR.
E.g phototrophs are green plants which contain chlorophyll and can convert light energy into chemical energy (sugars)
@ ALi c9, lmao i think we should :P
Reply 74
How can you remember the equations like: % population growth rate, birth rate, death rate without mixing them up?

Is it worth knowing some implications of HSW for intensive rearing?

I hope they give a big question on succession or eutrophication.

I am struggling to understand the consequences of global warming can anyone help me the amount written in the book is too long. Thanks

For a question on geographical selection is this sufficient:
This happens when a single population is split into 2 new separate populations because of a physical barrier. Usually the 2 populations experience different environmental conditions so they both have different selective pressures in their new environments. Random mutations occur in time this results in new alleles. Because of this some organisms are more adapted to their surroundings so they survive and successfully reproduce passing on the advantageous alleles to their offspring to enable their survival and success. There is no interbreeding between the two populations because of the barrier thus no gene flow. So the two populations frequency of alleles in the gene pool are so different that interbreeding is impossible as they have become 2 separate species.
Reply 75
pecker
Bio+Unit+4+Jan+2010+Question+Paper.pdf

Bio+Unit+4b+Jan+2010+Mark+Scheme.pdf

Hope this works. Quote me if it doesn't and i'll try something else.

thank you so much, you are a legend, much appreciated :smile:
Reply 76
gcseangel
How can you remember the equations like: % population growth rate, birth rate, death rate without mixing them up?

Is it worth knowing some implications of HSW for intensive rearing?

I hope they give a big question on succession or eutrophication.

I am struggling to understand the consequences of global warming can anyone help me the amount written in the book is too long. Thanks

For a question on geographical selection is this sufficient:
This happens when a single population is split into 2 new separate populations because of a physical barrier. Usually the 2 populations experience different environmental conditions so they both have different selective pressures in their new environments. Random mutations occur in time this results in new alleles. Because of this some organisms are more adapted to their surroundings so they survive and successfully reproduce passing on the advantageous alleles to their offspring to enable their survival and success. There is no interbreeding between the two populations because of the barrier thus no gene flow. So the two populations frequency of alleles in the gene pool are so different that interbreeding is impossible as they have become 2 separate species.

im guessing this time round there will be a question on sucession, genetics hardy weinburg and eutrphication.

the stuff in the book on global warming is too long. all u need to know is that some radiation reflected back into space, some reaches the earth surface and is reflected. some radiation is redirected back to the earth by the clouds and the greenhouse gases that form part of the atmosphere.
Reply 77
Hassi
im guessing this time round there will be a question on sucession, genetics hardy weinburg and eutrphication.

the stuff in the book on global warming is too long. all u need to know is that some radiation reflected back into space, some reaches the earth surface and is reflected. some radiation is redirected back to the earth by the clouds and the greenhouse gases that form part of the atmosphere.

What about the consequences of global warming that part is too long.
Any summary on that or points to know would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
If they ask about Chi square , do have to work out. in the last paper it mentioned about spearman rank.

Has anyone did the last paper again. i went through with mark question and i found their question quite misleading. i dont know how to describe .......:s-smilie:
Reply 79
What is the definition of a niche?

Latest

Trending

Trending