The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Naz is the Laura you two guys were talking about the same Laura that i 'knew'?

Redbourn was the coolest building and yes, i lost over £100 of my deposit after getting locked out my room a fair few times.

Quick tip, if you get locked out dont tell security just go to the reception desk and say you have lost your card, they will give a temporary security card with no charge, then you let yourself into your room, and hey presto no money wasted!!!!! (That is only on De Hav)
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 61
Lauren - i was seeing a girl from Shenley and I had a couple of mates in there and the two times i was in there it seemed pretty cool. So there you go no need to be lonely now lol!
Reply 62
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH. i just phoned up accommodation office and it turns out they havent received my deposit money, when i sent it off on the 26th AUGUST!! crap crap crap. i dont no what to do, oh god.
lauren23
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH. i just phoned up accommodation office and it turns out they havent received my deposit money, when i sent it off on the 26th AUGUST!! crap crap crap. i dont no what to do, oh god.

whats the problem? i had loads a problems with my accomodation last year i might be able to help you
have they still got a place saved for you?
Reply 64
Hey Lauren i had a massive problem with the accommodation office as they hadnt given me my accommodation up to the 4th September.

Did you get a receipt sent back to you, coz that happened with my house this year, i paid the deposit, got my receipt, but the lady in the estate agent never put in down in their records. So i showed them my receipt and everything was ok!!

But the best thing to do would be to ring them up, or even go down to the College Lane campus to the Accommodation Office, hope this helps.

P.S. Where in Kent are you from?
Reply 65
wel i sent all my acceptance of accommodation off on the 26th august cos it had to be received 7 days after i got it which i did..supposedly. but then i just rang them and they havent got it. so now i dont no where my cheques have gone>! 2 cheques..£1600!! so i kinda have no idea what im gonna do. i think they have a rom for me..but..oh its all messed up!!
Reply 66
(i hvent got my receipt cos they havent received ANYTHING) oh and im from sevenoaks in kent.
lauren23
wel i sent all my acceptance of accommodation off on the 26th august cos it had to be received 7 days after i got it which i did..supposedly. but then i just rang them and they havent got it. so now i dont no where my cheques have gone>! 2 cheques..£1600!! so i kinda have no idea what im gonna do. i think they have a rom for me..but..oh its all messed up!!

oh dear, did you write the check in the name of the uni?
id keep calling them and bugging them and get the name of the person u speak to so u can keep getting back to them.
make sure u let them know u want that space and not to give it away
Reply 68
kriztinae
its cos hadham thought they were too cool for school and went home every weekend :rolleyes: shush i win! :wink: :biggrin:

Crap, thats only half true....and I had to go home for a bit since I was still working in London! so its not my fault!!! :cool:
supernaz
Crap, thats only half true....and I had to go home for a bit since I was still working in London! so its not my fault!!! :cool:

see boring peeps :rolleyes: :p:
im cool :cool: :p:
Reply 70
Nij, the Lauren im talking about was the one who was in the flat opposite mine, I can't remember if you knew her? She was at Alice's b-day party this year, I only lost about £30 of my deposit, they said 1xStool and the bloody window!!
As for the missing deposit, I'd cancell the cheque and pay it directly using your debit card or credit card, probably the best thing to do eh?
Reply 71
kriztinae
see boring peeps :rolleyes: :p:
im cool :cool: :p:

hey hey hey, I am TOO cool for SKOOL. ! :wink: :cool:
supernaz
hey hey hey, I am TOO cool for SKOOL. ! :wink: :cool:

:rolleyes:
what u studying? chances are ive prob met you :redface:
Reply 73
kriztinae
:rolleyes:
what u studying? chances are ive prob met you :redface:

Im doing SSAM (Software Systems for the Arts and Media) but when I was in de Hav I was doing Computing, it was soooo boring I changed last year. :cool:
What are you doing?
supernaz
Im doing SSAM (Software Systems for the Arts and Media) but when I was in de Hav I was doing Computing, it was soooo boring I changed last year. :cool:
What are you doing?

european business and marketing, starting my 2nd year now,
so u doing your 2nd year now?
Reply 75
lauren23
(i hvent got my receipt cos they havent received ANYTHING) oh and im from sevenoaks in kent.

Call your bank and find out if anyone has cashed the cheque and did you send the letter Recorded delivery? if you did then just call royal mail and ask what they did with it.. if you didnt, call uni and ask if they still have ur room spare, if they still do, pay over the fone using you card, i think this will work for you :smile:, if you need any extra help i stay in hatfield so just let me know :smile:
hey im Ade by the way lol
Reply 76
Naz you said her name was Laura
I didn't 'know' a Lauren last year, idiot.

P.S. if they havent received the cheques, but they were made out to Hertfordshire Universiy then surely nothing will have gone out of your bank and you could just send them some more cheques?

Not sure if thats right coz i never deal with cheques!!!!
Reply 77
supernij
Naz you said her name was Laura
I didn't 'know' a Lauren last year, idiot.

P.S. if they havent received the cheques, but they were made out to Hertfordshire Universiy then surely nothing will have gone out of your bank and you could just send them some more cheques?

Not sure if thats right coz i never deal with cheques!!!!

I always thought he was talking about a "Laura" not Lauren, the boy is getting carried away! :rolleyes: lol.. Knew 2 lauras in Hadham, one in flat 13 and the other in flat 16.. you talking bout any of them?...

Just talking bout the Cheque comment you made, if all cheques havent been cashed she still needs to spk to her bank and have them cancel the cheques since they havent been recieved by the intended recipient.. its always better to pay on card as well cos the money goes out immediately.. Dont trust Royalmail nowadays.. they do all sorts :mad:
Reply 78
The Laura i knew had blonde hair and her surname was Gibson?
Reply 79
supernij
The Laura i knew had blonde hair and her surname was Gibson?

yep thats the one..she was in flat 13 (well if we still talkin of the same one lol).. Saw her around last yr (i mean last academic year).. she used to hang around with her friend named Jo...
And yeah Laura had quite red lips as well, thats a good check to see if we talking bout the same person

Latest

Trending

Trending