The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Nij, I'm the idiot? You bounce balls for a degree! :biggrin:
I'm talking about a Laura. Thats all I know now, I can't really remember any more than that.
:tsr:
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 81
kriztinae
european business and marketing, starting my 2nd year now,
so u doing your 2nd year now?

Yeah 2nd, You're based on de Hav aswell then aint ya? I'm over on College Lane.
supernaz

yup but im living closer to college lane than to de hav :frown:
Reply 83
supernaz

O u second year Naz or 3rd year? im getting slightly confused
dimexi
O u second year Naz or 3rd year? im getting slightly confused

if im not mistake he did his first year then changed and did another course.
so should be 3rd but didnt like the first course he chose... computing was it?
Reply 85
ok regarding my "lost" cheques..i phoned them up and they have a backlog..i sure hope mine is there with everyone elses! aargh.
Reply 86
kriztinae
if im not mistake he did his first year then changed and did another course.
so should be 3rd but didnt like the first course he chose... computing was it?

ah it makes sense now hehe :smile:
Reply 87
Spot on kriztinae, as for the backlog of the cheques, you would have thought that since the uni is so quick not to give you your results when you haven't paid your fees, they would hurry up and cash the cheques, after all we are paying them a hell of alot of money! :confused:

Now honestly, I want to know who got a government grant this year?
Reply 88
supernaz
Im doing SSAM (Software Systems for the Arts and Media) but when I was in de Hav I was doing Computing, it was soooo boring I changed last year. :cool:
What are you doing?

Hey supernaz, you say Computers is really boring eh? I'm gonna be doing Electronic Music & Computers & a minor in Spanish. I was thinkin of changing one of the first two to Multimedia Communications. Might try change computers if its a boring as you say.

Can you choose the routes you want to go? For example, be networking orientated as opposed to pure programming?
Reply 89
Planxty
Hey supernaz, you say Computers is really boring eh? I'm gonna be doing Electronic Music & Computers & a minor in Spanish. I was thinkin of changing one of the first two to Multimedia Communications. Might try change computers if its a boring as you say.

Can you choose the routes you want to go? For example, be networking orientated as opposed to pure programming?

Well in the first year, its so boring because all you do is analise and program..YAWN! Multimedia Communications sounds way better, my older brother did Multimedia Technology and Digital Broadcasting, it really interesting from what I saw and would tie in way better with electronic music I think. Can't think of much more to say about it though, deffo check it out!
Reply 90
supernaz
Well in the first year, its so boring because all you do is analise and program..YAWN! Multimedia Communications sounds way better, my older brother did Multimedia Technology and Digital Broadcasting, it really interesting from what I saw and would tie in way better with electronic music I think. Can't think of much more to say about it though, deffo check it out!

Will do. Thanks supernaz!
supernaz
Spot on kriztinae, as for the backlog of the cheques, you would have thought that since the uni is so quick not to give you your results when you haven't paid your fees, they would hurry up and cash the cheques, after all we are paying them a hell of alot of money! :confused:

Now honestly, I want to know who got a government grant this year?

i'm not entitled to one :frown:
not a uk citizen!
Reply 92
AEROSPACE ROCKZZZZ!!!!!!
Uni never gives me extra money, they always say my financial situation doesnt justify it!! even though im in a deep deep overdraft pit!! maybe they only give it to dying students :rolleyes:
dimexi
AEROSPACE ROCKZZZZ!!!!!!
Uni never gives me extra money, they always say my financial situation doesnt justify it!! even though im in a deep deep overdraft pit!! maybe they only give it to dying students :rolleyes:

thats wierd they usually give most people loans :confused:
Reply 94
Woohoo i'm really excited, 3 weeks yesterday! What clubs and societies are offered? I looked on the site but it looks as though it hasn't been updated in a while...just wondered if there were any additions!
islasmila
Woohoo i'm really excited, 3 weeks yesterday! What clubs and societies are offered? I looked on the site but it looks as though it hasn't been updated in a while...just wondered if there were any additions!

im going back in 2 weeks :biggrin:
right in hatfield, theres the uni bar (font) open til 1 usually, its a good laugh.
theres the sports bar on de hav which is good fun sometimes.
theres the elle house which is like a pub, not bad either.
those 3 are on the uni premises.
then theres anothe club called CO2 in hatfield but not the best place to go! :wink:

then theres St Albans (20 mins away?)
loads of pubs/bars there you can go to, lloyds, casa etc
then theres every thursdays batchwoods which is a club and theres coaches to and from it provided by the uni. good fun sometimes

then theres watford (30 mins away?)
loads of bars theres, e.g. revolution vodka bar :p:
plus clubs such as destiny and area which are quite good.

theres also stevenage, theres a leisure park which is good fun,been a couple of times.
and a club called jumpin jacks, never been but its supposed to be good.
thats all i can remember! :smile:
Reply 96
kriztinae
im going back in 2 weeks :biggrin:
right in hatfield, theres the uni bar (font) open til 1 usually, its a good laugh.
theres the sports bar on de hav which is good fun sometimes.
theres the elle house which is like a pub, not bad either.
those 3 are on the uni premises.
then theres anothe club called CO2 in hatfield but not the best place to go! :wink:

then theres St Albans (20 mins away?)
loads of pubs/bars there you can go to, lloyds, casa etc
then theres every thursdays batchwoods which is a club and theres coaches to and from it provided by the uni. good fun sometimes

then theres watford (30 mins away?)
loads of bars theres, e.g. revolution vodka bar :p:
plus clubs such as destiny and area which are quite good.

theres also stevenage, theres a leisure park which is good fun,been a couple of times.
and a club called jumpin jacks, never been but its supposed to be good.
thats all i can remember! :smile:

enough said!! thats pretty much the story of hatfield social life lol... it depends what music you listen too as well, u might wanna filter down the list after a while
Reply 97
im not getting a government grant, but herts is giving me a £1000 per year science grant for getting 300 ucas points :smile: i just have to gain at least a 2:1 each year to get it the next year :biggrin:
Reply 98
yeah Holleh i got that hehe.. and i kept it for first yr and second yr and im gonna get it in the final year too woohoo!!... so i milk what i get hehe :smile:
dimexi
yeah Holleh i got that hehe.. and i kept it for first yr and second yr and im gonna get it in the final year too woohoo!!... so i milk what i get hehe :smile:

my flat mate got that as well.
whens everyone moving in?

Latest

Trending

Trending