Turn on thread page Beta

Top Gear!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Here's a quote from a page I just opened it on: "...when it comes to antisocial buffet-hogging pigheadedness on holiday, the Germans are in a class of their own." Classic Clarkson!

ReputationRep:
    might have to get that book for my dads birthday
    and then steal it off him before he has a chace to read it

ReputationRep:
    I think the book is a collection of all his articles in the Times. So if you are a regular reader of that, you'll probably be a little disappointed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clarkey_Berlin)
    My parents have just walked into my bedroom and given me a copy of Jeremy Clarkson's book: 'The World According to Clarkson'. EXCELLENT
    I read that on holiday, very entertaining

ReputationRep:
    i'm not intellectual enough to read the times
    also we can't afford newspapers - i watch news 24 instead

Here's a quote from a page I just opened it on: "...when it comes to antisocial buffet-hogging pigheadedness on holiday, the Germans are in a class of their own." Classic Clarkson!
    he's awesome :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by killerbee)
    i'm starting to find jc a bit annoying, but i bet his book is hilarious
    Yeah i agree, jc does have an annoying air about him and he loves to make fun and undermine the other guys (jm and rh) but i guess thats cos he knows so much

ReputationRep:
    I think James May is the coolest, but the three presenters compliment each other really well - especially May and Hammond - which I think is why the show works so well.

ReputationRep:
    yeah definately!!!! James is soooo calm and cool and he talks facts hehe and richard is the funny one

ReputationRep:
    They bounce off each other really well! Clarkson is the headline-act, though James is uber funny and Hammond is a great presenter in his own right! I love it when things conspire against Clarkson and he won't admit defeat - like in the Cheap Porsche Challenge when his car blew up! :p:

ReputationRep:
    They bounce off each other really well! Clarkson is the headline-act, though James is uber funny and Hammond is a great presenter in his own right! I love it when things conspire against Clarkson and he won't admit defeat - like in the Cheap Porsche Challenge when his car blew up! :p:
    It was so funny when they went to NOrway, Clarkson in the Merc and Hammond and May by public transport!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eeyore)
    It was so funny when they went to NOrway, Clarkson in the Merc and Hammond and May by public transport!
    yeah that was a funny one lol!!!! The car used (Mclaren SLR) is sooooooooooooooooooooooo SLICK and powerful :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dimexi)
    yeah that was a funny one lol!!!! The car used (Mclaren SLR) is sooooooooooooooooooooooo SLICK and powerful :cool:
    Yeah it was cool! I love the way on Top Gear they find something wacky and original to do every episode - like when Clarkson has to escape from the army tank on Salisbury Plain in one of those Range Rover Sport models!

ReputationRep:
    yeah definately!!!! i totally agree with you.. it beats some of the soap storylines on tv lol :P

ReputationRep:
    LOL. You have picked another of my favourite episodes... when they were like 50 metres away from the end point... they hear a roar and Clarkson skids to a halt next to them. They are all totally amazed that after some 500+ mile journey they took the exact same amount of time. Hammond and James are all: "Well, that was good fun. Let's call it a draw", and Clarkson gets this evil glimmer in his eyes and bombs it off for the final 50 metres... jumps into a hot tub and asks them what took so long! ROFLMAO. Wasn't that the self-same episode where an apache chopper failed to get missile lock on a Lotus round a track?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dimexi)
    yeah definately!!!! i totally agree with you.. it beats some of the soap storylines on tv lol :P
    So true! It was so cool where they had a Harrier jumpjet from the Royal Navy racing around the test track! Oh, and where they had all the sci-fi characters and Doctor Who appears in the Tardis on the test track!!

ReputationRep:
    LOL. You have picked another of my favourite episodes... when they were like 50 metres away from the end point... they hear a roar and Clarkson skids to a halt next to them. They are all totally amazed that after some 500+ mile journey they took the exact same amount of time. Hammond and James are all: "Well, that was good fun. Let's call it a draw", and Clarkson gets this evil glimmer in his eyes and bombs it off for the final 50 metres... jumps into a hot tub and asks them what took so long! ROFLMAO. Wasn't that the self-same episode where an apache chopper failed to get missile lock on a Lotus round a track?
    I don't remember the helicopter, but did you see the one where Clarkson goes, "Which is faster: a car or a man?" and that marathon runner from Scotland beat him in a race across London!!?

ReputationRep:
    The world according to Clarkson is a great book.
    It is true Clarkson, and I can't quite work out which was the best chapter.
    Iceland was good, but Detroit was brilliant. So so funny. How many books do you read that you really start to giggle on?

James May, Hammond and Clarkson are a great Combo and they all support each others styles perfectly. I thought James May was pompous to begin with, but he's grown on me like fungus with his witty remarks. And Hammond - well you've gotta live him. I support him every time in the competition against others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)
    And Hammond - well you've gotta live him. I support him every time in the competition against others.
    Yeah bless him, always gets picked on by the others for his height! So funny when Clarkson (who's like 6ft 4) disagrees with Hammond about whether a car is cool or not and puts the pic at the top of the board out of his reach!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eeyore)
    Yeah bless him, always gets picked on by the others for his height! So funny when Clarkson (who's like 6ft 4) disagrees with Hammond about whether a car is cool or not and puts the pic at the top of the board out of his reach!!
    lol!! yeah thats true!! i like hammond best hehe..

and yes i did see the one with the harrier!!! yeahhhh!!!

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.