Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    anybody else starting chester uni this month who applied for halls and didnt get in?
    i didnt get in and i kind of needed to be ( i have no intention of commuting at least 2.5hours each way). am well gutted
    now i need somewher to live an somebody to live with....argh

ReputationRep:
    I had this, then I did some phoning about and took a room without seeing it.

Travelling up to Chester tomorrow to inspect...

Check out http://www.chesterstudent.co.uk - very useful, and good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Went up to Chester again yesterday! Looked around again, the uni and the town and ended up taking that room after all.

Nice house, bit dull but a nice view out the back of the house.

Another first year moving in right next to me too.

Sorted!

ReputationRep:
    hey, thats lucky u got sorted, and with another 1st year so near to u will be fine. i went to chester yesterday too, and pretty much all rooms were taken :-( i couldnt find owt *sob* . wel i found a great house but it was full dammit! looks like i have to go to warr campus. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    hey where was the room, i think my house has 2 spare rooms there will be 2 3rd years and 2 2nd years and 2 spare....

Dont worry there are loads of sapces in houses in chester, i lived in a house in the first year and loved it!!!

ReputationRep:
    There's way too many first years without accommodation this year. I visited Chester yesterday and there were loads of people wandering around looking for somewhere.#

I got a room in a 7 bedroomed house and a lad had taken a room just before me and when I was signing a contract at 3 or maybe 4 people all came at once and there were only 2 rooms left.

ReputationRep:
    chester, what a funny place!

ReputationRep:
    i had the same problem. But i only live about 40 mins away, so managed to get straight down there and find a house quickly.

They were still all filling up fast though.

ReputationRep:
    Ok the room I took was on 63 Bouverie street, and some kid called "Mathew" had just taken the room next to me - also a first year.

So (generation game stylee)... "Mathew - come on down!"

ReputationRep:
    bouverie street? think i looked at a few down there. Is that the one with the crane and building work going on.

anyway, mine is on denbigh street. not far away.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, 2 mahoosive cranes!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a house with 6 other first years.

ReputationRep:
    There's a third year girl in with me, another first year and then... well I'm not sure.

Wait and see!

ReputationRep:
    Any one going on to Lorne street?
    Im at 17 Lorne street

ReputationRep:
    I'm at 12

ReputationRep:
    hello, im new on here but am goin 2 chester 2 do criminology and psychology, got accommodation on parkgate road, no 43, just wondered if ne1 else on here got that address 2? as it'd b cool 2 get 2 no my new neighbours b4 i get there! x

ReputationRep:
    Friend of mine is starting at Chester in a couple of weeks and has been let down re. accommodation. Anyone know where there is a reasonably priced room available? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    try going on to the cehster home page and accomodation and download the private sector list, there are only a few houses left on there. I am sure the uni deal with emergency accomdation

ReputationRep:
    Many thanks Gaylee, will try that.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.