Fox hunting Watch

This discussion is closed.
Riddy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Has the ban been successful does anyone know? Or does it still go on.
funkymonkey
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
successful, all the 'sabbo's' make sure of that. Ironic thing is that since the ban has come into force, more than twice the number of foxes have been killed. :rolleyes:
SuperhansFavouriteAlsatian
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by funkymonkey)
successful, all the 'sabbo's' make sure of that. Ironic thing is that since the ban has come into force, more than twice the number of foxes have been killed. :rolleyes:
Yup! The best example of the tyranny of the majority we've had in years.
Champagne Breakfast
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Bloody waste of time - there are much better things the government could be spending its time trying to sort out, most of which probably wouldn't require them pulling out the Parliament Act and bypassing the House of Lords.
yo-less
Badges: 1
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by funkymonkey)
:eek: it's provoking the people who do it
Coombe
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
fox hunting has been banned, but shooting them, snaring them and poisoning them is now the preferred option i believe?! Did the foxes come out better off....i duno

And, on another note, if these indiscriminate methods are what's used now...i wonder about the safety of our domestic dogs too???
Fleffzilla
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Coombe)
fox hunting has been banned, but shooting them, snaring them and poisoning them is now the preferred option i believe?! Did the foxes come out better off....i duno

And, on another note, if these indiscriminate methods are what's used now...i wonder about the safety of our domestic dogs too???
Although since I've never suffered either, I can't say for sure, but being shoot has got to be 'better' than being ripped apart by a pack of hounds.
Coombe
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
being shoot has got to be 'better' than being ripped
yeah, totally agree with that fleff, it's the snaring and poisoning i have a problem with.
Fleffzilla
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Coombe)
yeah, totally agree with that fleff, it's the snaring and poisoning i have a problem with.
True, but I'm sure there's something about not using those methods, since they can't be guaranteed to catch/kill foxes, they could catch/kill anything.
:confused:
I think I'll look that one up...

EDIT: (From Wikepedia) "There are no legal poisons or gasses available for fox control in the UK, and such methods invariably wind up killing the wrong species."
So it's just snares, unless they're breaking the law.
Coombe
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yeh good idea, coz i'm not sure but i remember after it had been banned they were saying on the news about those being the methods to be used now and i was thinking, well that seems just as creul! Maybe they were talking about it in the context of it would be done illegally...
SuperhansFavouriteAlsatian
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Shooting them's fine if they crack them in the head, out cold in one, but if they get them in the leg/abdomen, they're likely to crawl away into a bush and slowly bleed to death. As scary as it might be, when the dogs catch them they are dead in seconds, without a doubt.
uclrocks
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Just thought id say that, for the majority of farmers etc, 'lamping' is the preferred method of dispoosal of foxes. It involves passing a strong torch beam across the hillside at night, the foxes eyes reflect a red/orange colour in the light, whereas farm livestock/cats/badgers eyes reflect differently, so theres no chance of shooting the wrong thing!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (78)
30%
No - I got the required grades (149)
57.31%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (33)
12.69%

Watched Threads