What is this?? Watch

This discussion is closed.
cleas001
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
my university require me to bring along an NHS medical card to my enrolment... i don't think i have one- to be honest i don't even know what it is...
do you think i atcually NEED it - or is it just one of those things they ask for but isn't atcually required?
also if i do need one where do i get it from?
i will be staying at home for uni so i do not need access to their medical services etc.
can anyone help me on this one?- thanks
JennLlama
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think the NHS card will only be for registering with a doctor (there's really no other point in an NHS number) so you should be fine without it. If you're worried, ask your parents as they may well have one for you and you just don't know about it You should get one when you register with a doctor, which they're likely to have done on your behalf.
Jenn xx
nikk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yep that will be for signing up at the university health centre. Offically, you should give in a medical card whenever you change doctors (you can get your medical card by de-registering from your current doctors). However, in reality it doesn't really matter - you can still sign up with a new doctor, it just means it takes a little longer for them to get your medical records. I never bother with the medical card thing either
cleas001
Rep:
?
kool thanks for the advise guys- i don't need to use their medical facilities- so i'll just ignore that part! woo hoo 2 weeks.. so scared!
y2jesta
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by cleas001)
kool thanks for the advise guys- i don't need to use their medical facilities- so i'll just ignore that part! woo hoo 2 weeks.. so scared!
*Jesse waits for Nature to get the last laugh*
nikk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by cleas001)
Well you never know when you are going to be ill! The last thing you want if you feel like death is to have to go through the whole signing up procedure before you can see a doctor. Also, don't underestimate fresher's flu! :p:
cleas001
Rep:
?
nah i'll be living at home- so i can just use my normal/ usual doctor
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (137)
18.49%
No (450)
60.73%
Not really bothered about them (154)
20.78%

Watched Threads