The Student Room Group

Vegetarians and Nandos :)

Hello! :smile:

I'm going to Nandos tonight with a couple of (vegetarian and meateater) friends, and I was wondering if vegetarians think about Nandos' menus. Truthfully, I'm a meateater but I hardly eat meat - I normally eat vegetarian meals at restaurants.

So, the fact that they have a small veggie menu means they're welcoming vegetarians, but is it enough? I don't even think the chicken menu is that diverse tbh :s-smilie:

(I've had a look at the menu btw, has anyone tried the bean burger/pitta/wrap? :biggrin: :wink:)

Scroll to see replies

The opposite of "vegetarian" is "normal".
Reply 2
I'm a vegetarian and I love Nandos! :biggrin: Don't worry, your friends will have lots of delicious options to choose from!
Reply 3
Yeah, all restaurants these days make a pretty good go out of quality Vegetarian food.
Reply 4
i always go to nandos - and im vegeterian -
i really like the vegetarian pitta bread - but there's also a burger which is also nice or a wrap which i haven't tried x
You're a meat eater, so go for the chicken at nandos :biggrin:

Meat eaters don't go to nandos and eat their vegetarian options. If you do, then please GTFO.
The veggie burger (without mayo) is vegan and yummy :coma: I like Nando's just for that, as it's one of the only chain restaurants with a completely vegan meal, even if there's not much choice overall. Everything tastes nice if you cover it in the Peri-Peri sauce anyway nomnomnom.
Reply 7
It's a chicken restaurant, why should they come up with stuff for fussy eaters!!

Yeah you read it right!

Also, a 'bean burger' is NOT a burger.
Reply 8
My friend is a meat-eater but she always gets the veggie-burger from there, I think she loves it lol.

:rofl:
Yes they do. I havnt been in a while but as I remember it my veggie food was good. Fallfle and veggie bap maby? I cant remember..
tired yet?
It's a chicken restaurant, why should they come up with stuff for fussy eaters!!

Yeah you read it right!

Also, a 'bean burger' is NOT a burger.

Because they're paying customers and the company wants to make a profit.

As far as I'm concerned the term "burger" refers to mashed up stuff cooked/fried/glued together in a round "burger" shape. What you put in that doesn't matter. If you can have a beef burger or chicken burger then a bean burger is no different - burger does not equate to meat.

OP; the menu looks reasonably limited but when you consider that you can stipulate how spicy each dish is it increases the choice.
Reply 12
The veggie food is really good at Nandos.
Reply 13
I'm veggi and like nandos...you and your vegetarian friends will be fine! Go, eat!
Reply 14
Peri Peri sauce is the answer to all food problems... just throw lots of that on and anything tastes good :smile:
Reply 15
i've only been once since becoming a veggie and i had the wrap - twas very nice, but a bit overpriced tbh
Reply 16
I love the veggie menu! tbh i think nados is quite restricted like you can either eat chicken or nothing... but I like there veggie burger thing its yuuuuuuuum haha :biggrin:

if that makes sense hehe :biggrin:
nearlyheadlessian
Because they're paying customers and the company wants to make a profit.

As far as I'm concerned the term "burger" refers to mashed up stuff cooked/fried/glued together in a round "burger" shape. What you put in that doesn't matter. If you can have a beef burger or chicken burger then a bean burger is no different - burger does not equate to meat.

They're made up of ground up meat or meat subsitutes.

Which is exactly what beans are; a poor substitute for something magnificent.
Reply 18
I like the veggie menu :smile: i'm sure you will too!
Reply 19
:biggrin: Thank you all, it's really good to know! The food was tasty, and my friends loved the veggie meals. I had a medium spicy bean burger, mmmm!! :biggrin: We'll definately go again!!

Latest