Vegetarians and Nandos :) Watch

This discussion is closed.
TomatoKetchup
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hello!

I'm going to Nandos tonight with a couple of (vegetarian and meateater) friends, and I was wondering if vegetarians think about Nandos' menus. Truthfully, I'm a meateater but I hardly eat meat - I normally eat vegetarian meals at restaurants.

So, the fact that they have a small veggie menu means they're welcoming vegetarians, but is it enough? I don't even think the chicken menu is that diverse tbh

(I've had a look at the menu btw, has anyone tried the bean burger/pitta/wrap? )
ziedj
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The opposite of "vegetarian" is "normal".
xmarilynx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm a vegetarian and I love Nandos! Don't worry, your friends will have lots of delicious options to choose from!
kosher
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah, all restaurants these days make a pretty good go out of quality Vegetarian food.
amz88
Report 9 years ago
i always go to nandos - and im vegeterian -
i really like the vegetarian pitta bread - but there's also a burger which is also nice or a wrap which i haven't tried x
?!master?!mini?!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You're a meat eater, so go for the chicken at nandos

Meat eaters don't go to nandos and eat their vegetarian options. If you do, then please GTFO.
caroline147
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The veggie burger (without mayo) is vegan and yummy :coma: I like Nando's just for that, as it's one of the only chain restaurants with a completely vegan meal, even if there's not much choice overall. Everything tastes nice if you cover it in the Peri-Peri sauce anyway nomnomnom.
tired yet?
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's a chicken restaurant, why should they come up with stuff for fussy eaters!!

Yeah you read it right!

Also, a 'bean burger' is NOT a burger.
SHABANA
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My friend is a meat-eater but she always gets the veggie-burger from there, I think she loves it lol.
?!master?!mini?!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

:rofl:
GottaLovePhysics! :)
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yes they do. I havnt been in a while but as I remember it my veggie food was good. Fallfle and veggie bap maby? I cant remember..
nearlyheadlessian
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by tired yet?)
It's a chicken restaurant, why should they come up with stuff for fussy eaters!!

Yeah you read it right!

Also, a 'bean burger' is NOT a burger.
Because they're paying customers and the company wants to make a profit.

As far as I'm concerned the term "burger" refers to mashed up stuff cooked/fried/glued together in a round "burger" shape. What you put in that doesn't matter. If you can have a beef burger or chicken burger then a bean burger is no different - burger does not equate to meat.

OP; the menu looks reasonably limited but when you consider that you can stipulate how spicy each dish is it increases the choice.
dannylj
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The veggie food is really good at Nandos.
elldee
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm veggi and like nandos...you and your vegetarian friends will be fine! Go, eat!
Banana_123
Report 9 years ago
Peri Peri sauce is the answer to all food problems... just throw lots of that on and anything tastes good
crrrrrash
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i've only been once since becoming a veggie and i had the wrap - twas very nice, but a bit overpriced tbh
zee757
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I love the veggie menu! tbh i think nados is quite restricted like you can either eat chicken or nothing... but I like there veggie burger thing its yuuuuuuuum haha

if that makes sense hehe
tired yet?
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by nearlyheadlessian)
Because they're paying customers and the company wants to make a profit.

As far as I'm concerned the term "burger" refers to mashed up stuff cooked/fried/glued together in a round "burger" shape. What you put in that doesn't matter. If you can have a beef burger or chicken burger then a bean burger is no different - burger does not equate to meat.
They're made up of ground up meat or meat subsitutes.

Which is exactly what beans are; a poor substitute for something magnificent.
Mana_C
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I like the veggie menu i'm sure you will too!
TomatoKetchup
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Thank you all, it's really good to know! The food was tasty, and my friends loved the veggie meals. I had a medium spicy bean burger, mmmm!! We'll definately go again!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (228)
67.66%
No (109)
32.34%

Watched Threads