Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serina M)
    Well you have a point and I respect that like I should but I'm still in.
    In what? As I said, the proposal hasn't been accepted yet.

(Original post by BellaCat)
    I agree. And Chav Scum began as a satirical site!

The proposal for a 'Chav' Society wasn't accepted by the mods when it was last proposed.
    we're waiting till we upgrade the site before we let every other scoiety in.
    after all we know chav soc will want a burbery icon et al... :p:

(Original post by Jamie)
    we're waiting till we upgrade the site before we let every other scoiety in.
    after all we know chav soc will want a burbery icon et al... :p:
    you mean you guys are still trying to upgrade?i thought y'all had given up...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anjimcflanji)
    count me in the little wasters need to be sent to boot camp to learn some respect towards fellow human beings and animals oh and the planet which we are all killing
    if there was a thread on here generalising and threatening any other group of people it would be banned as soon as it was posted. a lot of the posts on here are just plain nasty and i think you all are the ones who ned to stop being to narrow minded and grow up.

ReputationRep:
    It's Jamie, your chairman here to address the masses. Kill chavs. That is all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kura1984)
    ^^^ No, I agreed also. These people are ****ging off these 'chavs' and they don't even know them They see what they see and covert it into some single minded bulls**t theory.

These poverty stricken 'chavs' are often poorly raised and utterly misguided that they don't even know how to cope with the basics in life.
    Your view of 'chavs' is the one portrayed in Chav Scum and Chav World. And just what have they done to offend you so much!?

Is the 'chav' who robs your stuff when you're not looking!? Or is it the 'chav' who makes you feel better because, academically, you rank higher, so therefore you can **** them off as much as you like and they'll never have anything as witty to retort back.

What is it that is so deplorable about 'chavs' that justifies a poor joke that they should be 'culled'!?

Just who is this so-alled 'chav'!?

If you mean any of this fascist crap then YOU are the deplorable ones.
    Well said. It just reeks of middle class arrogance doesn't it...

BTW jaydoh, the chav bandwagons come and GONE... you're about 2 years late for a start...

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand the devout antagonism you guys foster towards "chavs." I believe they're known as white trash here. Sure of course they can be more prejudiced, more vulgar, rude, stinky after not showering for days upon end, etc...but they're still people and most come from underprivileged families that don't instill the need for education, etc. in them. Unless you believe in Buddhist notions it's not their fault for being born into a family that rears them--or neglects them--to be "chavs."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SlyPie)
    I don't understand the devout antagonism you guys foster towards "chavs." I believe they're known as white trash here. Sure of course they can be more prejudiced, more vulgar, rude, stinky after not showering for days upon end, etc...but they're still people and most come from underprivileged families that don't instill the need for education, etc. in them. Unless you believe in Buddhist notions it's not their fault for being born into a family that rears them--or neglects them--to be "chavs."
    it's not their fault they attack people and vandalize cars...that is part of chav culture and we should respect it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydoh)
    It's time we made our streets safe and campaigned to get rid of these scumbags. Who's in? :tsr: :tsr:
    Ill join, im sure this website would make a much better job of sorting out the problem and be less biassed than a certain other website

ReputationRep:
    they're just kids, they'll grow out of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dj Nastie)
    they're just kids, they'll grow out of it
    True the majority will, but that doesn't mean we should ignore the abuse, crime etc etc that most of them give out

ReputationRep:
    I'm in.

Esp against ppl who wear hoodies and baseball caps. Both should be outlawed.

ReputationRep:
    ok, i hear this word all the time i here, haha, we don't say it here, and i have no idea what it means. someone care to enlighten me? thank you!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SlyPie)
    I don't understand the devout antagonism you guys foster towards "chavs." I believe they're known as white trash here. Sure of course they can be more prejudiced, more vulgar, rude, stinky after not showering for days upon end, etc...but they're still people
    I'm sure a lot of us here have been physical attacked and verbally harrassed by chavs. Sorry, but that is crossing the line. They're not people, they're animals.

I refer to one of my old posts in goths vs chavs

The diplomatic answer would be:

We're all over generalising people according to their lifestyles, how childish of us! There are bad goths, bad chavs just like there are bad cops, and bad presidents. Extremes of behaviour from each sub-culture have clouded our vision. Neither is "better" or "worse", there is no such thing as a human hierarchy.

But my real answer is:

I've been attacked and accosted by too many chav girls and boys to care about how much I generalise. I AM generalising for my own personal safety.

Chavs deserve to be shot.

ReputationRep:
    Some of you are trying to justify your chav hatred by saying they commit crimes. Is committing crimes a prerequisite to being called a chav? If not, you can't hate all chavs and have an anti-chav society because some of them commit crimes. It's exactly like condemning all muslims because of terrorists. It's very narrow minded and judgemental.

I just can't understand this chav hatred. Maybe it's because I'm not British, I can't understand the whole class society thing.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think for a second that this has anything to do with class, its about a very certain type of person making us feel threatened/attacking us or deliberately trying to provoke a reaction by being anti-social and generally abusive. The only way we can recognise these people is often by their language and attire, hence = chav is born.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeski)
    ok im not a 'chav', but i think its a bit fly that you a av a Soc hating them! come on like, its not rly fair like cuz ppl dont have a Soc saying "Anti Anti-Chav"! do they? so i think its a bit fly since people are know getting a bit more open minded than b4. i think we could all pick out things we dont like in all you lot!

p.s. not arguing, jus thought i should voice my opinion!

Start one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legbreakgoogly)
    I'm in.

Esp against ppl who wear hoodies and baseball caps. Both should be outlawed.
    So should people who wear Converse... Oh no maybe not - that's because it'll affect the lovely white middle class kids who are such a shining beacon for society...

ReputationRep:
    What a terrible idea for a "society".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydoh)
    It's time we made our streets safe and campaigned to get rid of these scumbags. Who's in? :tsr: :tsr:
    I thought you were a chav?

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.