business..which uni...urgent Watch

This discussion is closed.
gloriafromhk
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
being in hong kong,i know little abt uk unis...
so would pls all help me ASAP

i am going to do business in future
i am doing phy,chem n pure maths in AL
with my HKCEE results:4Bs in chinese,economics,maths n additional maths
Cs in phy,chem bio

which level of uni should i apply??

n how should i write the personal statement??
rutera
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
LSE, warwick, bath, ucl... these are claimes as some of the best. bout ur personal statement... look somewhere else
babyboo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by gloriafromhk)
being in hong kong,i know little abt uk unis...
so would pls all help me ASAP

i am going to do business in future
i am doing phy,chem n pure maths in AL
with my HKCEE results:4Bs in chinese,economics,maths n additional maths
Cs in phy,chem bio

which level of uni should i apply??

n how should i write the personal statement??
is it me or have u left it a lil bit late?!
babylon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by rutera)
LSE, warwick, bath, ucl... these are claimes as some of the best. bout ur personal statement... look somewhere else

u can't do business management straight at UCL, which is y i couldn't apply. I've got offers from Warwick and Bath.......any suggestions as to which is more reputable? and better for future employment? Bath course is 4yr thin sandwich which means i get two 6month work placements.
mb85
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by wonkey)
u can't do business management straight at UCL, which is y i couldn't apply. I've got offers from Warwick and Bath.......any suggestions as to which is more reputable? and better for future employment? Bath course is 4yr thin sandwich which means i get two 6month work placements.
Did u get offer for Management Science at Warwick???? cuz i applied for the same course....wats ur offer?
babylon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mb85)
Did u get offer for Management Science at Warwick???? cuz i applied for the same course....wats ur offer?

yeah i got it yesterday! AAB and B at AS.......good luck with urs. so any suggestions as to whether Bath or warwick is better?
mb85
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yeah i got it yesterday! AAB and B at AS.......good luck with urs. so any suggestions as to whether Bath or warwick is better?
I would pick Warwick....seems more reputable compared to Bath...
rutera
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Oooops, sorry bout UCL... little mistake.... I applied 2 the same unis as u... for bath i've also got the same kind of course, it is International Management with French, and that work placement thing. bath has a very good reputation for this kinda thing and its graduates have good job prospects easily, but coming from Asia as I do, warwick is more impressive (altho i didn't apply 4 business there funnily enough)... anyway, think about other factors 2, which 1 would make u happiest? have u seen both?
good luck
babylon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Oooops, sorry bout UCL... little mistake.... I applied 2 the same unis as u... for bath i've also got the same kind of course, it is International Management with French, and that work placement thing. bath has a very good reputation for this kinda thing and its graduates have good job prospects easily, but coming from Asia as I do, warwick is more impressive (altho i didn't apply 4 business there funnily enough)... anyway, think about other factors 2, which 1 would make u happiest? have u seen both?
good luck

no need to apologise, just didn't want to confuse gloria, lol. The only thing keeping me away from choosing Warwick is the fact that the placements at Bath would probably be fun and advantageous for future employment.......it'd be impressive. but I really fell in love with Warwick, really liked the atmosphere, and the place. I'm going to the Bath open day in March, i went to see Bath city in Summer and it's not bad, but have to see the actual uni first. Whats your first choice then?
rutera
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hey wonkey,
if u loved warwick u'll probably like bath too... when u go tho, just try 2 not 2 compare it directly with warwick coz u might think of it in terms of warwick rather than liking it 4 it's own individual charm. i can't really put warwick up against bhat coz 4 warwick i applied 4 english lit with writing. that would b the most fun course out of all those i picked but since it's not very practical (i'm asain, rmember?) the choice will end up being between LSE and bath. I haven't heard of anything from LSE and I probably won't make it.... if they did make an offer tho it would b REALLY hard 2 choose coz i really really really like bath's course... it sounds like gr8 fun and in france i might meet lots of cute french guys, plus the work experience is priceless... but then lse IS LSE! what do u think?
babylon
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hey wonkey,
if u loved warwick u'll probably like bath too... when u go tho, just try 2 not 2 compare it directly with warwick coz u might think of it in terms of warwick rather than liking it 4 it's own individual charm. i can't really put warwick up against bhat coz 4 warwick i applied 4 english lit with writing. that would b the most fun course out of all those i picked but since it's not very practical (i'm asain, rmember?) the choice will end up being between LSE and bath. I haven't heard of anything from LSE and I probably won't make it.... if they did make an offer tho it would b REALLY hard 2 choose coz i really really really like bath's course... it sounds like gr8 fun and in france i might meet lots of cute french guys, plus the work experience is priceless... but then lse IS LSE! what do u think?
lol, i think u're totally right....if u get LSE go for it. but i can c wots attracting u to Bath as its doing the same to me too..........hmmm...........i'm more towards warwick at the mo!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (154)
60.87%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.35%
No- I want it (71)
28.06%
No- I don't want it (17)
6.72%

Watched Threads