Dentistry requirements Watch

This discussion is closed.
popsy
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Hi, im in my first year of AS. I am studying Bio, Chem, Maths and IT AVCE.
I wanted to drop maths this year and carry on with IT AVCE through netx year, but i am worried whether or not the universities will treat it as an A Level, even tho its equivalent 2 one.
I want to dentistry and i no u need to get at least an ABB. IT is my favourite subject and maths my worst so it wud work out best this way, but does anybody no wot universities say to AVCEs?
Thanx
JaF
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Best thing to do is to get in touch with some of the dental departments you are thinking of applying to. Send them an email and see what they say.
nickw
Report 15 years ago
My brother is at newcastle taking Denntistry now and he dropped maths after his first year with an AS level in it and carried on with biology chemistry and physics. dont worry about it. it shouldnt cause a problem
mr-shiraz
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by nickw)
My brother is at newcastle taking Denntistry now and he dropped maths after his first year with an AS level in it and carried on with biology chemistry and physics. dont worry about it. it shouldnt cause a problem
pete?

They only require 3 A-levels, and I'm pretty sure IT AVCE is considered equilavent to an A-level. I would ring or e-mail the dental schools though to see if there is any variation.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1331)
79.65%
Leave (340)
20.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise