The Student Room Group
Reply 1
King_kul
hey people i was considering doing an AS History, i have done my AS's and will drop one of the subjects giving me 3-A-levels and one AS. If i do history as an AS that will make 3 A-levels and 2 AS.

Is it worth me taking it as i want to Economics in uni preferably a BA cause i like the flexibility, as i ahve heard History is a good traditional subject to do if u want to do economics however as an AS is it really worht doing?

It matters, if you are applying to a top university and can handle the extra work then yes, but if your not applying to a top university, or are just not sure if you can handle it then no, remember its your A-Level results that are important so its best to focus 100% of your attention on them, but if you feel you can fit in extra time and it would actualy be of use then go for it.
I strongly urge you to take history. I just did the AS now and eventhough i struggled a bit with learning the manner of writing, ie the "structure" of the essays (as for olevel [my school isnt in england] all you have to do is babble about anything), but in the end i did well (A). Although it did help that i had a great teacher and that i loved the subject and therefore i pushed myself to do well. Go for it!!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending