scanner
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
good luck.

They don't even want to interview me agaiN! lol
Sorry it's not the news you wanted. But....the bit to hold on to is the sentence about being up to the standard needed. If you decide to apply again (or to Oxford) at least you have a strong base to build on. You will be an even better candidate later this year if you take that route.
Goat
Report 15 years ago
Subject: Computer Science
Original College: St Johns
New College: Robinson
Time of phonecall: 9pm
Outcome (ie. interview or offer): Interview
Specialheffa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yep, most likely.
How do you know that??? I'm fed up with all these dates thrown about!! For instance i have read those pooled for English, however they have not posted anything (as yet) about their application!!

Please stop presuming these dates are exact or that every college uses them. My letter from Jesus states, Between 8th and 12th January may be reinterviewed, will be phoned before then.
Jade
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Specialheffa)
How do you know that??? I'm fed up with all these dates thrown about!! For instance i have read those pooled for English, however they have not posted anything (as yet) about their application!!

Please stop presuming these dates are exact or that every college uses them. My letter from Jesus states, Between 8th and 12th January may be reinterviewed, will be phoned before then.
Good advice- I phoned St Johns today= my original college to ask about my progress.........tonight I was offered a place at Newhall to read Law? I wondered what hapened there uh?? If u want to call tghe admissions office- just do it!! It wont do any harm...........will it??
*Joanna*
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Subject NatSci
Original College Pembroke
New College Sidney Sussex
Time of phonecall 5pm Tuesday
Outcome (ie. interview or offer) Interview

Aargh!
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by *Joanna*)
Subject NatSci
Original College Pembroke
New College Sidney Sussex
Time of phonecall 5pm Tuesday
Outcome (ie. interview or offer) Interview

Aargh!

Yay good luck!
*Joanna*
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by MadNatSci)
Yay good luck!
Thank you!
Goat
Report 15 years ago
Do you think its worth e-mailing the college to ask how many applicants there are per place? (for the re-interviews)
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Goat)
Do you think its worth e-mailing the college to ask how many applicants there are per place? (for the re-interviews)
Yes, it'd probably enable you to put things in perspective.
yawn1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Because of the frustrations of 'server too busy' I have just visited another forum alt-uk and there is a posting there from yesterday from one of the Cam. admissions tutors saying the pool was well attended (by all college reps) and they have now decided who they are going to interview. So looks like more phone calls and letters on the way.
Sorry Adhsur - time to move on eh
Bumblebee3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I emailed them today and they said no, I have not been accepted anywhere.
I'm so sorry Adhsur. Try not to be too upset - competition is always really fierce and you'll do well wherever you go.
covered farm wagon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by yawn1)
Because of the frustrations of 'server too busy' I have just visited another forum alt-uk and there is a posting there from yesterday from one of the Cam. admissions tutors saying the pool was well attended (by all college reps) and they have now decided who they are going to interview. So looks like more phone calls and letters on the way.
Can I ask for a link to this place, so I can read the post and agonise further? I tried searching on google to no avail.
Canada Girl
Report 15 years ago
I'm not sure if Adsue should move on just yet. Some of us have yet to hear about our initial outcome and if those spots for those colleges don't fill up...guess who'll they'll come a-calling...
I hear end of Jan--so Adsur, if you're a female and over 21, you still might have a shot at the college I applied for

(Original post by yawn1)
Specialheffa
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by yawn1)
Can i ask, what is the website for alt-uk? ta
akk713
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
This is for people who have been pooled and have received letters or calls.

(If you can be bothered) Please post with:

Subject: Engineering
Original College: Downing
New College
Time of phonecall
Outcome (ie. interview or offer) Rejection

Time to move on...
sam h
Report 15 years ago
it seems a lot of people have been pooled for philosophy, that guy from clare didnt get in huh? thats pretty **** - especially if all the phone calls have beem made already, i hope its not too late cos im still waiting!
oh well... hope is fading.
sam
yawn1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by covered farm wa)
Can I ask for a link to this place, so I can read the post and agonise further? I tried searching on google to no avail.
Sorry for delay - I have the link on my 'favourites' and it didn't come up with a web address.
If you go to http://www.oa.waveflex.com
then click on Resources, click on Usenet and then select alt.uk.a-levels. It is a newsgroup on Outlook Express.
Scroll down to messages posted on 5th January and you will see a selection on Cambridge pools.
redcat
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by covered farm wa)
It's the newsgroup alt.uk.a-levels. You can access it through Google groups if you don't have a newsreader. Go to alt.uk.a-levels on Google groups and look for the most recent posts by K. Edgcombe.
Bumblebee3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by redcat)
It's the newsgroup alt.uk.a-levels. You can access it through Google groups if you don't have a newsreader. Go to alt.uk.a-levels on Google groups and look for the most recent posts by K. Edgcombe.
lol, small world - Katy Edgecombe's my tutor!
Specialheffa
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Pooled form Jesus for English, emailed admissions, have not been accepted to any other college... oh well!!

UCL here i come (if i get the AAB grades lol)..
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1623)
79.13%
Leave (428)
20.87%

Watched Threads