This discussion is closed.
adelz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hey .. sorry about your rejection, good luck with UCL !
I was wondering if you could please post what you emailed them - I too have been pooled from Sidney Sussex where I applied to read Architecture & still have had no reply - im international if it makes any difference, and im planning on emailing them....

Thanks
Specialheffa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by adelz)
I was wondering if you could please post what you emailed them - I too have been pooled from Sidney Sussex where I applied to read Architecture & still have had no reply - im international if it makes any difference, and im planning on emailing them....

Thanks
Just write something along the lines of::

Hello there, sorry to bother you at this time but i have several queries in regard to my application for English at Jesus College. I have subsequently been pooled, and since reading the date guidelines on the letter, other people have been suggesting other dates. For example, if you do not hear anything by today then your application has not been taken any further.

I would really appreciate it if you could confirm the dates i may hear, or the status of my application. Furthermore, does Jesus college have the system of sending to applicants, feedback reports on their applications to the college?

Once again thankyou, and i really appreciate any response from yourself... you can imagine the anxiety i have now!

Thank you very much

-----

Good luck with your application, have to let us know how you get on! Have you any other offers?
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Thanks, Ill work it out
Yes I have gotten other offers from Nottingham (so far where Im going), Bath, Newcastle and I have an interview at the Architectural Association School of Architecture in London which is reputed to be the best in the world for architecture. UCL have also asked me to send them my portfolio but well .. Cambridge is Cambridge... Do you think it would be wise to actually email them ? I mean ... I dont know what I mean ! lol

Thanks !
Adel

PS. ... so much for the clean pool result thread .. sorry !
fit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by adelz)

Thanks
I have also been pooled by Sidney Sussex for Law, I e-mailed the admissions secretary today asking about the status of the pool and she replied with a very friendly e-mail saying that she has not received any news about my application (so what the implications of this are I don't know!)
Specialheffa
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by adelz)
Thanks, Ill work it out
Yes I have gotten other offers from Nottingham (so far where Im going), Bath, Newcastle and I have an interview at the Architectural Association School of Architecture in London which is reputed to be the best in the world for architecture. UCL have also asked me to send them my portfolio but well .. Cambridge is Cambridge... Do you think it would be wise to actually email them ? I mean ... I dont know what I mean ! lol

Thanks !
Adel

PS. ... so much for the clean pool result thread .. sorry !
Wow... i know Cam is Cam, but if AASA of L is the best, surely that will get you a better job in the field, since everyone would know it is the best!
Well you can either email or phone, but basically if you haven't heard i would advise, gets some worry off ya mind!
Specialheffa
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fit)
I have also been pooled by Sidney Sussex for Law, I e-mailed the admissions secretary today asking about the status of the pool and she replied with a very friendly e-mail saying that she has not received any news about my application (so what the implications of this are I don't know!)
Keep ya fingers crossed then!
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes I know but .. cambridge is also so nice and ... welll .. Ill email them, I cant wait anymore ! It cant possibly affect their decision right ? lol sorry for being paranoid. . and best of luck fit hope to see you there !

Adel
Specialheffa
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by adelz)
Yes I know but .. cambridge is also so nice and ... welll .. Ill email them, I cant wait anymore ! It cant possibly affect their decision right ? lol sorry for being paranoid. . and best of luck fit hope to see you there !

Adel
No it can't affect their decision, since you are in a pool and it is the other colleges looking at your file!
Yep, well good luck, finger's crossed for you!
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Specialheffa)
No it can't affect their decision, since you are in a pool and it is the other colleges looking at your file!
Yep, well good luck, finger's crossed for you!
thanks .. Ill type it up in a while and send it off

Adel
Amias
Report 16 years ago
Hey guys,
I was pooled from St Catz to NewHall(aaah i know all girls!!!) for engineering. I have to go to another interview on Sat. Just wondering if you think its worth it to e-mail NewHall asking them how many their interviewing for how many places?????? If so, what should I say???? Help!

Thanks
Jess
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well done, when did you hear and was it a phone call?
Amias
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Jess)
well done, when did you hear and was it a phone call?

Thanks, im a bit dissappointed its all girls but iv got used to the idea now and i hope i get in. They phoned on Monday morning, v early!!
How bout have u applied/heard anything??
Do u think i should email them??
Jess
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hi, i think it's to good an opportunity to waste -you might always regret it. I applied for MML at peterhouse, have been pooled and heard nothing yet so i have now concluded that it a rejection.
Jess
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i don't know about e-mailing. clare were v helpful to adhsur but when i e-mailed peterhouse they said they were too busy at this time of year to respond.
Amias
Report 16 years ago
Sorry - whats MML!!!! Peterhouse is quite a snooty college ive heard, you might not have liked it there at all! Dont worry, there is still loads of time for someone to call or send a letter dont give up!
Goat
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Amias)
Hey guys,
I was pooled from St Catz to NewHall(aaah i know all girls!!!) for engineering. I have to go to another interview on Sat. Just wondering if you think its worth it to e-mail NewHall asking them how many their interviewing for how many places?????? If so, what should I say???? Help!

Thanks
I asked Robinson after asking what sort of interview it was going to be:

"Also are you able to tell me how many people you are
interviewing and for how many places?"

Only emailed them at 4 so they havent replied yet.

I think you should ask them so you know whether to be excited or not.
Goat
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Amias)
Sorry - whats MML!!!! Peterhouse is quite a snooty college ive heard, you might not have liked it there at all! Dont worry, there is still loads of time for someone to call or send a letter dont give up!
MML is modern and medieval languages.
Amias
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Goat)
I asked Robinson after asking what sort of interview it was going to be:

"Also are you able to tell me how many people you are
interviewing and for how many places?"

Only emailed them at 4 so they havent replied yet.

I think you should ask them so you know whether to be excited or not.
Do you think they will answer?? Can you post it on here if they do??
Thanks!
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fit)
Hey fit, goodluck with your application ... Do you think you could please paste your email & reply here ?
How long did it take them to reply ?
Goat
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Amias)
Do you think they will answer?? Can you post it on here if they do??
Thanks!
No I think they'll say that they'll not able to tell me. Its worth a try though. Yeah ill let you know what they say.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (2)
28.57%
Yes- I don't like it (1)
14.29%
No- I want it (3)
42.86%
No- I don't want it (1)
14.29%

Watched Threads