This discussion is closed.
adelz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Goat)
No I think they'll say that they'll not able to tell me. Its worth a try though. Yeah ill let you know what they say.
do you think I should email them to ask whats going on ? In the Guidance notes for the pool from Cambridge it says "There is nothing that you, your teachers, or your parents should be doing in this period, and it is certainly not necessary or helpful to make direct contact with any college." ........ hmm .... I mean ive got a nice email ready and all ! lol .... helpppp !
Goat
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by adelz)
do you think I should email them to ask whats going on ? In the Guidance notes for the pool from Cambridge it says "There is nothing that you, your teachers, or your parents should be doing in this period, and it is certainly not necessary or helpful to make direct contact with any college." ........ hmm .... I mean ive got a nice email ready and all ! lol .... helpppp !
I think they just say that cos otherwise absolutely every pooled applicant would email them. They must expect to get some emails. And theyre not excactly gonna contaqct all the other colleges to tell them not to accept you because you emailed them. It shows you are keen to get in if anything.
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Canada Girl)
I'm not sure if Adsue should move on just yet. Some of us have yet to hear about our initial outcome and if those spots for those colleges don't fill up...guess who'll they'll come a-calling...
I hear end of Jan--so Adsur, if you're a female and over 21, you still might have a shot at the college I applied for
Lol unfortunately i'm not that old!

Anyone would be crazy to think they're still in with a chance after the admissions person says no siree.
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i called my college but it wasnt much help they couldnt tell me anything
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well the email has just been sent ! hopefully it wont affect my application :P
fit
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by adelz)
Hey fit, goodluck with your application ... Do you think you could please paste your email & reply here ?
How long did it take them to reply ?
The e-mail I sent just asked if there was any news about my pooled application, and the reply was:

Dear Lucy

Thank you for your email. I am afraid I have no news about your pooled
application yet.

With best wishes,
Heather Doggett
Admissions Secretary, Sidney Sussex College
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fit)
The e-mail I sent just asked if there was any news about my pooled application, and the reply was:

Dear Lucy

Thank you for your email. I am afraid I have no news about your pooled
application yet.

With best wishes,
Heather Doggett
Admissions Secretary, Sidney Sussex College
Cool, thanks ... Thats not sooo friendly lol :P Anyway, good luck !
krint
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by adelz)
Cool, thanks ... Thats not sooo friendly lol :P Anyway, good luck !
Did you get a reply from Sidney?
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by krint)
Did you get a reply from Sidney?
Not yet .. why are you asking ?
krint
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by adelz)
Not yet .. why are you asking ?
Was just wondering because 'fit' is my sister and she has been pooled for Sidney also!
adelz
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by krint)
Was just wondering because 'fit' is my sister and she has been pooled for Sidney also!
Oh okay .. What did she apply for again ?
krint
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by adelz)
Oh okay .. What did she apply for again ?
Law
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
This probably sounds really silly and the answer is probably obvious, but do admissions tutors ever change their mind once they tell you (unofficially in email) that you didn't get in? I asked mine about if I can still get accepted by original college (the letter says this is done at end of jan) but theey replied no so I have thereby assumed i'm 100% not going. But is there still 0.000001% chance, since I haven#t got it in writing yet?
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
This probably sounds really silly and the answer is probably obvious, but do admissions tutors ever change their mind once they tell you (unofficially in email) that you didn't get in? I asked mine about if I can still get accepted by original college (the letter says this is done at end of jan) but theey replied no so I have thereby assumed i'm 100% not going. But is there still 0.000001% chance, since I haven#t got it in writing yet?
i hate to crush your hopes....but i dont think u should hold your breath....sorry...i know how u feel tho...im still waiting to hear from the pool!
hildabeast
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If they say no then they almost certainly mean no, unfortunately. Its best to put it behind you, concentrate on your A Levels, and decide what you want to do next year with a clear head. If you spent longer agonising over it you will only end up more disappointed than you are now.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by hildabeast)
If they say no then they almost certainly mean no, unfortunately. Its best to put it behind you, concentrate on your A Levels, and decide what you want to do next year with a clear head. If you spent longer agonising over it you will only end up more disappointed than you are now.

Bah, so no convincing them can be done on my part? I don't want to regret having not tried something.
Jade
Report 16 years ago
Bah, so no convincing them can be done on my part? I don't want to regret having not tried something.
Hey, don't worry!! Have u considered reapplying if you really wanna go to Cam? I was, but then I got an offer from Newhall..But keep your chin up, and you will do well wherever you go!
hildabeast
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'd say leave it. You've already asked them for an answer and they've given you one. Unfortunately it's not the one you want, but you just have to move on really as no amount of arguing will win you a place. Believe me, this time of year is very stressful for tutors. A friend of mine was rejected from Christ Church Oxford for Law last year and wrote a letter asking why he had not got in, and arguing that his post-interview report was unfair. They sent a very curt letter back saying that, as far as they were concerned, the matter was now closed. Sadly, if you have been told it's over, then it's over. If they thought there was any chance of you being offered a place from the pool I don't think you would have got that reply, sadly.

X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.67%
No (266)
33.33%

Watched Threads