Turn on thread page Beta

What Do You Wanna Do After Uni? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Just wondering if anyone ever thought about what they're gonna do after uni? For me i wanna apply to university in Dublin to do childrens nursing. Anyone else got any dreams?

Matt

ReputationRep:
    Travel for 3 months, then straight to work!

ReputationRep:
    want to go to leeds to geological science then hopefully go into teaching a-level geology

ReputationRep:
    finish my MBA and then get a job that makes me travel around the world!

ReputationRep:
    At the minute I either wanna have a career in law or history (hope to do a history degree) and then once I've been working for a while and have some money I want to travel for a bit to see/do some of things I've always dreamed of.

ReputationRep:
    I want to (sing along now, kids!): *Join the Navy, join the Navy...*

No really, I do.

ReputationRep:
    Travel, join the Army, teach English as a foreign language for a bit.

ReputationRep:
    teach English as a foreign language for a bit
    Ah. That is VERY profitable. Great choice.

well hopefully after doing a chemistry with management studies course i will go into a work place in the chemical industry but having an office job. and hopefully get married and have a couple of kids. and then go and do a masters degree later in life if i do well enough at uni!

ReputationRep:
    Get a job working as an Assistant Psychologist for a year, save up, go travelling for 6 months/1 year, then maybe come back and do a masters in something or other.

ReputationRep:
    go travelling for years on end whilst writing loads of brilliant books. I completely refuse to have a career.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steerpike)
    go travelling for years on end whilst writing loads of brilliant books. I completely refuse to have a career.
    I like that idea

ReputationRep:
    Straight after uni, I want to go on holiday (I'd love to meet my family in Argentina), then sit down and get to work, have children and reach the top of whatever I decide to do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heninacoop)
    Straight after uni, I want to go on holiday (I'd love to meet my family in Argentina), then sit down and get to work, have children and reach the top of whatever I decide to do!
    That'll be a neat trick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steerpike)
    Good for you. I agree. Careers are an excellent way of wasting one's life IMO.

ReputationRep:
    i want to become a probation officer and marry a nice gentalman and have 2 kidz

ReputationRep:
    Open a chemical weapons factory and develop spaced based partical beam weaponary systems. Research and fund the development of a rail gun/mass driver.

Probably work in the I.T field although I'm not too fussed if i get a job in different field.

ReputationRep:
    Either do a masters or try and gain some experience in Publishing or Journalism.

ReputationRep:
    get a degree in film studies and go on to film directing, eventually go over to America. (work my way up) :rolleyes: :p:

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerHow to become an online tutorCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.