Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I will be scared alone then hehe.
Flukey
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
awwww :hugs: honeslty the MMR jab doesn't hurt at all, had it a few months back. You will be fine.
LubyLoo
Rep:
?
Lets hope so. I hope I don't get any side effects. I have work at 9am tomorrow.
DeLboY
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
*hugs* take you walkman/minidisc with you! Its only a little nip!! Think of it like this, its better than the alternative..

Good Luck!
yo-less
Report 13 years ago
don't worry and good luck!besides,its better to get the injection than risk falling ill
Flukey
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Smiley_Me)
Lets hope so. I hope I don't get any side effects. I have work at 9am tomorrow.
you will be fine, honestly. I prefer looking at the needle going in, tis easier in my opinion.
LubyLoo
Rep:
?
Thanks everyone. I'm feeling slightly calmer now. Just want it over now.
Flukey
Report 13 years ago
Thanks everyone. I'm feeling slightly calmer now. Just want it over now.
The longer you sit there thinking about the injection, the more you wont want to have it done. So just get it over and done with straight away.

Walk in there, doctor gets needle out, dont tihnk about it and just let the Dr. do it straight away.
LubyLoo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Flukey)
The longer you sit there thinking about the injection, the more you wont want to have it done. So just get it over and done with straight away.

Walk in there, doctor gets needle out, dont tihnk about it and just let the Dr. do it straight away.
My friend is picking me up in 10 minutes. I will be fine. I mean the TB jab I got through, so this is nothing. Right?
Debs
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah the TB jag is worse than the MMR. I had MMR a couple of weeks ago and they make you sit in the waiting room for 10 minutes to make sure you don't have a bad reaction to it before letting you go.
Flukey
Report 13 years ago
My friend is picking me up in 10 minutes. I will be fine. I mean the TB jab I got through, so this is nothing. Right?
Exactly. Good luck! :hugs:
fuglyduckling
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It's only a little prick, right Flukey? (Not a homophobic joke - just a tongue-in-cheek one! )
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
o0o good luck. Wont be as bad as you think.
Agrippina
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Debs)
Yeah the TB jag is worse than the MMR. I had MMR a couple of weeks ago and they make you sit in the waiting room for 10 minutes to make sure you don't have a bad reaction to it before letting you go.
I didn't have to wait after my MMR! What if I'd died or something
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Debs)
:ditto:

The TB jab is 1 ******* of a needle. :mad: Feels like it burns the inside of your arm/muscle.
Hanzing
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Debs)
Thats a good thing.. My mate got up and went outside after having hers.. and then proceded to pass out onto the conrete pathway. Not fun.
LubyLoo
Rep:
?
Well I went and had it done. It stung a bit, but it was alright. My friend insisted on coming in with me to see me go through the torture.

The nurse then told me that I have never actually had the MMR vaccine, only single ones of Measles and Rubella, when Mumps is the one I really need.

So I have to now go back in 3 months for another booster. Joy.

Oh and my arm aches. Great for a 9 hour shift in the morning.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (153)
27.42%
No (405)
72.58%

Watched Threads