Working at an airport Watch

This discussion is closed.
Daragh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I dont mean working for the airport or an airline, but for like the WH Smith or whatever in the departure lounge. How would I go about applying for a job at the airport, as alot of the places are past passport control arent they?
JennLlama
  • CV Helper
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You could look on company websites (e.g. Dixons, etc. which are often through passport control recruit online I think). You could also try going to the airport and asking at a general information desk to see if they have any information on job vacancies. I'm pretty sure I saw a recruitment board at Edinburgh airport when I was there once with details of all the vacancies they had for general airport staff, as well as shop workers.
Jenn xx
Daragh
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by JennLlama)
You could look on company websites (e.g. Dixons, etc. which are often through passport control recruit online I think). You could also try going to the airport and asking at a general information desk to see if they have any information on job vacancies. I'm pretty sure I saw a recruitment board at Edinburgh airport when I was there once with details of all the vacancies they had for general airport staff, as well as shop workers.
Jenn xx
Thanks, I'll have a look online and if that fails I'll ring Manchester Airport.
*soph*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ring round the individual companies, for WHSmith you need an application form which you can get from any WHS store. You also need a disclosure (criminal record check) but most companies will pay the fee for this for you, and they also need up to date references covering the past five years so you can get a security pass to enable you to work at the airport.
Gem
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Try the Manchester Airport website? I worked at the Duty Free in Newcastle Airport and got the job off the Newcastle International website. Also I've seen some advertives on www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk When you go for the interview they usually don't do it airside, and if you get the job you'll probably have to wait 6 weeks to start as you'll need a CRB...well I did anyway! Good luck, but bear in mind Oct-March is usually pretty quiet time so they might not be taking on much staff.
helen_catherine
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by deej2)
Thanks, I'll have a look online and if that fails I'll ring Manchester Airport.
If its WH Smiths at the airport you're interested in then the one in T2 is just after the check in desks so you could just walk in and ask. There are quite a lot of shops there that aren't through passport control too.
Good luck!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (170)
27.07%
No (458)
72.93%

Watched Threads