This discussion is closed.
*Riz*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hey guys. If i got an offer which says 'Grades ABB from 3 GCE-A levels or equivilant grades', then does this mean that I can include general studies if it doesn't say I can't and I put down on my from that I'm taking it??
At first I presumed i couldnt count general stuides unless it said I could but the i got another offer from a different uni that said 'Grades ABB from maths, biology and psychology' ie not general studies.
So if they have not specified which subject then does that mean I can include general studies as it will be one of my A-Levels (hopefully) worthwile or not??
Leaby
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by *Riz*)
Hey guys. If i got an offer which says 'Grades ABB from 3 GCE-A levels or equivilant grades', then does this mean that I can include general studies if it doesn't say I can't and I put down on my from that I'm taking it??
At first I presumed i couldnt count general stuides unless it said I could but the i got another offer from a different uni that said 'Grades ABB from maths, biology and psychology' ie not general studies.
So if they have not specified which subject then does that mean I can include general studies as it will be one of my A-Levels (hopefully) worthwile or not??
Hehe, was the former Lancaster and the latter Birmingham by any chance, Riz?

Yes, if the offer does not say 'excluding General Studies' it means that it is included in the offer, my head of sixth form told us that. If it was Lancaster that said that, I remember in their prospectus it said that General Studies was 'considered' and so I suppose they are including it in all of their offers if applicable.
*Riz*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hey - u guessed right Leaby! Yeah it was the Lancaster one I was talking about and it was the 'considered' bit in the prospectus that concerned me. And thanks, I thought it would be included
Might email them to check though....it would be awful on results day....thats if I pick them as my first choice!.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (8)
33.33%
No (14)
58.33%
Don't know (2)
8.33%

Watched Threads