Applied Maths A Level Watch

This discussion is closed.
all red and ermine
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Hey everyone!

Thankx for all that advice earlier about being able to self-teach oneself A Level Maths. But I've just come across Applied Maths (Edexcel are the only one's who do it I think...).

Anyway, what is it, is it respectable or just complete b*******? Is it easier or harder than normal Maths at A level? Is it a combo of all the maths: pure, mechanical and stats? is it more physic-sy?

Thankx for all your comments!!!

Rudy xx
-G-a-v-
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
As far as I'm aware, Applied Maths isn't an actual A-level anymore. When the new A-level Maths came into force last September the only Maths course available at A-level are Maths, Pure Maths and Further Maths and some boards offer a separate course in Statistics. The only way to study Applied Maths in any real detail is to do Maths and Further Maths A-levels, as that would allow you to do 5 or 6 applied maths modules, but you'd also do 6 or 7 pure maths units
all red and ermine
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Wow I didn't know that. You see they are saying that people can do it (it's on an evening class at my local college) so it's wierd that its technically doesnt exist anymore....Well thankx for that info! Anymore would be great!
-G-a-v-
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think after January 2006, it won't be possible to cash in for Applied Maths, you'd have to check.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?