The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i hated this exam so much. the way in which it's structured and the length of time allocated suck arse. it's absurd that they changed it this year, they're definitely going to have to change it back. it's total rubbish.
Hopefully the amount of people not having enough time to finish the exam will result in lower grade boundaries.
I didn't think it was too bad. I had a timing issue though like a few people from my college. I for some reason managed to waffle on a page and a half for the causation question and so completely killed my time for the other questions. I unfortunately could only do a couple of paragraphs for some of the questions but did get to attempt all of the questions.

Someone in my class only gave herself 15 minutes to do section 2 and another didn't get to attempt all the questions.
-

I guess she/he is talking about the specimen paper on the AQA website?

If you click here you'll see that the explanation and meanings are 7 marks. In the exam transferred malice was asked and it was only 5 marks which lead to another question being worth more marks. As well as in in tort, duty of care wasn't even asked which I would have been expected to answer.

Also the numbering system was different (which I did know about).

I just counted the questions and on the specimen paper there are 13 questions for criminal and tort or criminal and contract compared to the exam which had 14 questions.

There was changes with Unit 2 last year I remember. I was expect something different, we had practised our timings and our answer length and then when we got into the exam the questions were more marks then we expected or something like that.
(edited 5 years ago)
-

Yeah I agree. It just may have been seen as an unexpected question when I thought actus reus would come up. I just explained what it meant and then talked about Latimer and Pembilton.

Yeah I also did section 47. I didn't write enough though due to timing issues but I think I touched base on that question at least. I somehow managed to write a lot about res ipsa loquitor and then completely forgot to go back to the section 47. :lolwut:
(edited 5 years ago)
Yeah, I'm currently revising for Unit 3 though right now for next thursday.
I'm revising Law and Justice, Law and Morality and Fault. How about yourself? I haven't looked at the 4th topic. My teacher gave me like a 20 page document on it and so I decided on fault instead.. very quickly.

I went for section 47 out of instinct but I would have liked to have been able to go back and talk a little bit about section 20. I can't remember the wording on the scenario now but I wanted to talk about section 47 because he did intend a battery through transferred malice.
I then wanted to go onto talk about section 20 and how he intended some harm and then Bollom because a frail lady being knocked into is more serious then an adult in full health.
-

I put battery and s47 aswell:p:

I ran out of time and didn't answer 2 questions:mad: , way too much to do in such little time. Loads of students in my class failed to finish and loads on this forum aswell. Will the examining board take this into account you rekon??

Quote for reply:rolleyes:
(edited 5 years ago)
-

S.20 was for when the defendant pushed someone in the que and the S.47 was for the broken hip, I would only have put GBH (S.20) if there was more serious injuries such as internal bleeding etc.:smile: As long as you didn't put S.18-GBH with intent then you're fine if you've validated your reasons.

Hmmm, did you finish the paper?
How well did you do in the unit 1 exam?
(edited 5 years ago)
-

Yeah I hope that they are generous on the marking too because so many people had timing issues. I didn't even know the name of the 4th topic being balancing conflicting interests. I was given like a huge booklet about the 4th subject and I had already done a bit of fault so I went with that.. I think fault is quite easy, I haven't even looked at it for a while and I can think of a few things. I'm not really the right person to ask as I haven't looked at them both.
(edited 5 years ago)
-

:p: I wrote a note at the end of the paper to the exam marker saying

'Sorry about the terrible handwriting, I felt I was rushed due to the amount expected from us not being appropriate for the time given'

or something like that, maybe it'll open their eyes lmao
(edited 5 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending