If I have a Sunday Leeds Fest ticket.. Watch

tsr-member
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
..is is possible for me to go to just the camping bit the night before (Saturday)??
and then go to the arena bit on the Sunday??
& what time does a "day ticket" start from? :rolleyes: like if it's from 12:00am then surely I could stay a night in the camping bit?
hobo06
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm pretty sure a day ticket does not include camping, so you won't be allowed in the campsite at all.
tsr-member
Rep:
?
(Original post by hobo06)
I'm pretty sure a day ticket does not include camping, so you won't be allowed in the campsite at all.
Ahh, I've heard that if you have a Friday or Saturday day ticket though,
you can go to the arena on the day and then go to camping bit at night and stay there till whenever. ..just not back into the arena?
hobo06
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by tsr-member)
Ahh, I've heard that if you have a Friday or Saturday day ticket though,
you can go to the arena on the day and then go to camping bit at night and stay there till whenever. ..just not back into the arena?
Come to think of it, I think I did read that somewhere also. Though I imagine you won't be able to get your wristband until sometime Sunday morning, I would assume you won't be able to get into the camp site without that.
kirky743
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i think you'll be able to stay sunday night but not saturday
tsr-member
Rep:
?
(Original post by kirky743)
i think you'll be able to stay sunday night but not saturday
Ohh, do you know what time on Sunday I'd be able to get there?
kirky743
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ohh, do you know what time on Sunday I'd be able to get there?
The arena opens at 11am so then, maybe a bit earlier? =)
Leon Trotsky
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It doesn't include camping. Part of the reason the weekend tickets are more expensive are because they include access to the campsite, so if they let you in there I'd be very surprised.
Kreuzuerk
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I can guarantee you won't be able to get in on Saturday, I'm not sure when day ticket entrance begins but I assume it's something around 11.
stinky--pete
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
no, you won't be able to get in but you can camp with people you know on the sunday night. have a big camp fire that gives off fumes that could kill you and do an all nighter!! must be done on the sunday night!! gutted i aint going this year but last year was amazing!! the people we met made all the difference!!
owlface
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well you have to go through the campsite to get to the arena don't you? so as soon as you are allowed in you can get into the campsite. Do you have friends camping? You could go in on friday with them if you wanted and just hang around the campsite all weekend I think, because you use your ticket to get into the camping area but they don't destroy it until you swap it for a wristband- if two of your friends go in one cant hen come out again with both tickets and take you in. Once you are in the camping area give the ticket back and they can get wristbands, just don't leave the camping area until sunday and then use your day ticket to get a wristband and go into the arena. If you are feeling brave and can wiggle the wristbands off you can do the same thing as with tickets with them, just wear long sleeves when in the arena without one. You couldn't just go in on saturday night though because by that point people camping would already have swapped tickets for wristbands.
owlface
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Actually you can go in and out of the site with just wristbands- make one of your friends slip theirs off on saturday evening, and another friend bring it out, slip it on and go in. On sunday morning just go to the wristband stand and swap your ticket for a wristband like you've just come in.
tsr-member
Rep:
?
(Original post by owlface)
Actually you can go in and out of the site with just wristbands- make one of your friends slip theirs off on saturday evening, and another friend bring it out, slip it on and go in. On sunday morning just go to the wristband stand and swap your ticket for a wristband like you've just come in.
Ahhh I'm must admit, both your posts have been pretty difficult to follow :p: but I think I get what you mean! So like, do you reckon it's pretty risky? I mean if I go on Saturday evening and do what you said. ..and like after I'm in I give my friend's Saturday wristband back might the security not check people's wristbands and stuff??

& on your first post, do you mean I could get into the camping bit with a Sunday ticket?? :confused: ..haha, I'm really struggling to follow..
owlface
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ahhh I'm must admit, both your posts have been pretty difficult to follow :p: but I think I get what you mean! So like, do you reckon it's pretty risky? I mean if I go on Saturday evening and do what you said. ..and like after I'm in I give my friend's Saturday wristband back might the security not check people's wristbands and stuff??

& on your first post, do you mean I could get into the camping bit with a Sunday ticket?? :confused: ..haha, I'm really struggling to follow..
Sorry it is really complicated, but basically (assuming it is the same as Reading and they haven't changed it in the last couple of years) you go through the gates with your ticket, and they just look at it and give it back to you. You are then in the camping area, in this area you go to another tent/stand place and swap your ticket for a wristband, you use this to get into the arena, which is a separate area within the camping bit. So what a lot of my friends did a couple of years ago was buy two tickets between three of them, get two people into the camping area and then one come out with two tickets and take the third person into the camping bit with the second ticket. You could do that if you wanted to go in on friday when weekend camping people first arrive, but after that they will presumably have swapped their tickets for bands so it wouldn't work. However once you have a wristband you can use that to go in and out of the arena and in and out of the main festival/camping area, so if one of your friends who was already there on saturday night slipped off there band (which is normally possible if you wiggle it around enough, just make sure it is someone with bigger hands than you) someone else who was already in there with a band could bring it out to you, you could put it on and go in. Once in the camping area just give it back, spend saturday night in the camping area and on sunday morning go to the wristband place and swap your sunday ticket for a wristband of your own so you can go into the arena.

I know people who did the whole festival like that- swapping two wristbands between three of them to get in and out of the arena and tickets to get in and out of the campsite- a couple of years ago without any problems, so hypothetically just getting into the campsite on saturday should be easy, but security might have found a way to stop it now, you can phone ahead on the saturday and ask the people who are already in though.

Hope that is slightly clearer!
ChrisBan
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hope that is slightly clearer!
You now exchange your ticket on entry on Wednesday/Thursday or whenver you enter the site, right at the gates. I would also like to add that they have become increasingly vigilant on the swapping of wrist bands, IMO more so than the last time you went, which from the sounds of it was in 2007. I certainly wouldn't do it, and I saw a fair few people getting pulled to the sides by security for this very reason last year.
owlface
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ChrisBan)
You now exchange your ticket on entry on Wednesday/Thursday or whenver you enter the site, right at the gates. I would also like to add that they have become increasingly vigilant on the swapping of wrist bands, IMO more so than the last time you went, which from the sounds of it was in 2007. I certainly wouldn't do it, and I saw a fair few people getting pulled to the sides by security for this very reason last year.
Ah ok, yeah it was 07 and Reading, everything is getting so much harsher now! We bought tickets on the door on the Thursday as well, which apparently you can't do any more. I feel so old

OP your best bet is just to phone them and ask what time you are allowed in, if it doesn't say anywhere on your ticket. Sorry not to have helped.
tsr-member
Rep:
?
Ah ok, yeah it was 07 and Reading, everything is getting so much harsher now! We bought tickets on the door on the Thursday as well, which apparently you can't do any more. I feel so old

OP your best bet is just to phone them and ask what time you are allowed in, if it doesn't say anywhere on your ticket. Sorry not to have helped.
Aww, nevermind but thank you anyway :yep: i reeally wanna stay for one night (bought a tent and all..) so i reckon i'll probably sell my sunday and buy a friday or saturday :rolleyes: then go and hopefully be able to stay the night after.
pamelaa
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Buy a weekend camping ticket then lol? Why should people have to spend their hard earned cash while other people, like you, just get to sneak in for free? I hope you get caught.
CrackIsReallyMoreish...
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
assuming it works the same as reading, last year my mates came on sunday and stayed sunday night n that was fine they don't care about that...coming on saturday night might be a bit risky but i guess the wristband swapping thing could be worth a try...
CrackIsReallyMoreish...
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
oh yeah and sunday night's mental regardless of whether it's reading or leeds....like something out of lord of the flies/armageddon
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (169)
24.53%
Pop (170)
24.67%
Jazz (27)