If I have a Sunday Leeds Fest ticket.. Watch

tsr-member
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by CrackIsReallyMoreish...)
oh yeah and sunday night's mental regardless of whether it's reading or leeds....like something out of lord of the flies/armageddon
"mental"?! :unsure: like, errrmm.. good fun mental?
..or not so much??
tsr-member
Rep:
?
(Original post by CrackIsReallyMoreish...)
assuming it works the same as reading, last year my mates came on sunday and stayed sunday night n that was fine they don't care about that...coming on saturday night might be a bit risky but i guess the wristband swapping thing could be worth a try...
Ohh, I didn't know people tend to stay over Sunday night :rolleyes: do a lot of people do that??
CrackIsReallyMoreish...
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by tsr-member)
"mental"?! :unsure: like, errrmm.. good fun mental?
..or not so much??
ha yeah fun mental, i can see how it might be a bit much for some people though, it's the time when everyone goes a bit crazy n burns tents n stuff...sounds crazy but it is fun! if a bit stupid..
CrackIsReallyMoreish...
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ohh, I didn't know people tend to stay over Sunday night :rolleyes: do a lot of people do that??

yeah well with reading everyone usually stays sunday night, i don't see why it'd be different for leeds...
indiebell
Report 9 years ago
They totally don't check the campsite at all. I missed out on getting my ticket but all my friends are going so I'm camping out with them and 'looking after the tents' You wont be able to get in to see any bands at all though unless you have your ticket Hope it's good
tsr-member
Rep:
?
(Original post by indiebell)
They totally don't check the campsite at all. I missed out on getting my ticket but all my friends are going so I'm camping out with them and 'looking after the tents' You wont be able to get in to see any bands at all though unless you have your ticket Hope it's good
Oh? So you can get into the campsite without a ticket??
ChrisBan
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Oh? So you can get into the campsite without a ticket??
(Original post by indiebell)
You will not get into the festival site without a ticket... that includes the campsite
hothedgehog
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
They really don't care on sunday nights. Last year i walked straight into the campsite and all was good.
Kreuzuerk
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I am quite surprised you were able to walk without inspection into the campsite on Sunday evening. That sounds quite unusual as I would imagine they're quite vigilant in guarding against allowing local 'trouble-makers' in on Sunday, though, as a youngish girl maybe you don't look that suspect. Still, I'd have thought they'd check your wristband.
linkdapink
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ChrisBan)
You now exchange your ticket on entry on Wednesday/Thursday or whenver you enter the site, right at the gates. I would also like to add that they have become increasingly vigilant on the swapping of wrist bands, IMO more so than the last time you went, which from the sounds of it was in 2007. I certainly wouldn't do it, and I saw a fair few people getting pulled to the sides by security for this very reason last year.
Sorry, quick question, does this mean that you have to exchange your camping ticket straight away before getting through to the campsite? I last went in 2007 too, and have a weekend ticket for this year. So I guess its queuing with camping gear...
ChrisBan
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by linkdapink)
Sorry, quick question, does this mean that you have to exchange your camping ticket straight away before getting through to the campsite? I last went in 2007 too, and have a weekend ticket for this year. So I guess its queuing with camping gear...
Yes you exchange your ticket on entry to the festival site
xxmeg.duckxx
Report 9 years ago
..is is possible for me to go to just the camping bit the night before (Saturday)??
and then go to the arena bit on the Sunday??
& what time does a "day ticket" start from? :rolleyes: like if it's from 12:00am then surely I could stay a night in the camping bit?
At leeds festival this is how it works:

to get to the arena you have to go through the campsites. You get into the campsites through any of the gates, all of which have wristband exchange. You wont be able to swap your ticket for the wristband untill sunday (sorry dont know what time). You then walk through the campsite to the arena. Your wristbands are checked when you go into the arena. When you come out the arena into the campsite nobody will check your wristband , so aslong as you dont go out the campsite , you will be able to camp on the sunday night. but not saturday

sunday night in the campsites a bit mental and alot of fun. Lots of big fires e.c.t
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You will not be allowed onto the site on the Saturday with a Sunday day ticket. You will only be allowed on from 11am Sunday and they do wristband on the door now.

Once you are in on the Sunday you can easily stay in the campsite for the night but if security catch you they will evict you.
mattwhite
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Your not supposed to camp with day tickets, but people do. When you go in, you go through the campsites to get to the arena, so it's easy to camp with a day ticket. Although if you get caught, you will be asked to leave.

However, with a Sunday ticket, you won't be able to get into the festival site until 11AM on Sunday. You could however stay Sunday night, but i wouldn't recommend it. Also, you can only get into the arena with a wristband for the corresponding day, or weekend wristband.

I suppose you could camp in the car parks Saturday night, but again, the marshalls may ask you to vacate the site until sunday morning.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (74)
24.1%
No (233)
75.9%

Watched Threads