8%
Don't Like It (2)
8%
Hate It (1)
4%
StatusRed
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 years ago

Hello.

I was amazed to see that there isn't a Dad's Army Society so I really want to create one!

If you don't already know Dad's Army is a timeless, classic BBC Comedy of the 1960's-1970's.

This Society is created for everyone that loves Dad's Army. To discuss it, share their favourite characters, episodes and more!
StatusRed
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Would anyone be interested in joining?
thunder_chunky
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by xXedixXx)
Would anyone be interested in joining?
:yes:

Love that show!
StatusRed
Rep:
(Original post by thunder_chunky)
:yes:

Love that show!
Good
thunder_chunky
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
I really like the feature length film as well.

My favourite character has to be Jonesy, follow by Fraser. "We doomed, we're all dooomed."
StatusRed
Rep:
(Original post by thunder_chunky)
I really like the feature length film as well.

My favourite character has to be Jonesy, follow by Fraser. "We doomed, we're all dooomed."
I like.... Manawharing (or however it's spelt) and Pike probably most.
thunder_chunky
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
I like.... Manawharing (or however it's spelt) and Pike probably most.
It's spelt Mainwairing, but pronounced "mannering." That is except for Colonel Square who in the series pronounces it "main-ware-ing."

Pike is a great character, as is Sgt Wilson.
StatusRed
Rep:
Been a while... - BUMP
xangelinax
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Oh, I love this show. i used to watch it with my dad when I went to his house. Brings back memories.
StatusRed
Rep:
(Original post by xangelinax)
Oh, I love this show. i used to watch it with my dad when I went to his house. Brings back memories.
:P

I've got the complete box set £30 well spent!
StatusRed
Rep:
- Bump
StatusRed
Rep:
- Been a while. Bumping again
~ Purple Rose ~
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
'Don't tell him, Pike!' :teehee:
Cybele
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Ohhh I love dad's army! OP, you're awesome for starting this thread.
StatusRed
Rep:
(Original post by Cybele)
Ohhh I love dad's army! OP, you're awesome for starting this thread.
Thanks

Hopefully, with more support we can start a Society!
Cybele
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 11 years ago
Thanks

Hopefully, with more support we can start a Society!
Well, you have my support. :yep:

I always put my Dad's Army DVD on when I'm feeling ill or hung-over, it just instantly makes me feel better.
StatusRed
Rep:
Bump
StatusRed
Rep:
Bump, come on! There must be more Dad's Army lovers out there!
StatusRed
Rep:
Bump again
StatusRed
Rep:
Again, bumping this to let people see. Need more support if we want to make this a group
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (275)
42.05%
The paper was reasonable (270)
41.28%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.17%
It was TERRIBLE (49)
7.49%

Watched Threads