The Student Room Group

can one go into a sixth form at age 17 (please help)

Hey gang. I have decided that i want to retake my gcses in order to achieve mostly A*s. I think i will get mostly Ds and Cs in my gcses this summer, i want to do medicine and i feel very disappointed with my self. I know med schools will turn me down but this is my dream and no matter what anyone sais i will achieve it no matter what it takes. I will therefore be enrolling into college at age 17 and not 16 and i want to attend a very good school in order to reach my full potential. I live in Bristol and within my city their are a number of great schools but the best is possibly Clifton college and i am wondering if their is any chance i could get into a private sixth form at age 17 rather than a city college. Is this possible? if so how do i go about doing this. thankz

My friend was 16 when she came into 6th year..
Reply 2
Don't see why not, but if you're worried about not being able to get into a particular one then ring them up and ask...
Reply 3
a girl at my school went to college for a year after year 11 and then came back and did sixthform and so entered it when she was 17, so i dont think its a major issue.
though to make sure i would phone up and check with the particular 6th form.

however a problem for you maybe that medical schools have policies of not accepting retakes for A levels and they may also have the same policy for GCSEs. if i was you i would check with various med schools to find out their policy of accepting people who have retaken their GCSEs
I don't see why not. Several girls at my sixth form entered year 12 at the age of 17/18/19.
hey plz tell me what sixth form college is this?plz!!
what sixth form is this plz tell me!!!
It's out of the question inho (unless it was a College 1) as at School's it goes after Year 11

- Year 12 (age 6-17)
- Year 13 (age 17-18)

.... then School ends - unless your lucky enough to have 1 that goes up to 19 (which are like (Gold-dust) and the very occasional Private 1 that goes upto 20 - which is even more Gold-dust(ified)!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending