This discussion is closed.
Tifa
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I was hoping that someone would be able to clear up the issue of interview feedback. I was originally under the impression that interviewers write up a *report* of sorts about your interview and send it to your school, where you are then entitled to see it. The reply Adshur got from Clare confirms this.

HOWEVER, today my head of year acted as if I was a complete idiot for thinking the admissions people would *bother* to write up feedback for 'every single' rejection. She said she'd never recieved anything of the like and didn't know why I'd have silly idea like that in my empty little head... well, not quite those words but she has perfected the partonising tone...

Okay, this is a bit void as I do actually have an offer, but I have friends who don't and I would really like to know the University policy on feedback, simply so that all my peers can get the feedback they deserve if it is infact available. Also, if they happen to write up stuff about successful applicants I''d be pretty interested too. And most importantly I'd really really like to find out the truth from my teacher because she *does my nut*

So does Cambridge (or Oxford) as a University policy give interview feedback? Or is it down to individual College policy? Or simply only in special case scenarios?
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tifa)
I was hoping that someone would be able to clear up the issue of interview feedback. I was originally under the impression that interviewers write up a *report* of sorts about your interview and send it to your school, where you are then entitled to see it. The reply Adshur got from Clare confirms this.

HOWEVER, today my head of year acted as if I was a complete idiot for thinking the admissions people would *bother* to write up feedback for 'every single' rejection. She said she'd never recieved anything of the like and didn't know why I'd have silly idea like that in my empty little head... well, not quite those words but she has perfected the partonising tone...

Okay, this is a bit void as I do actually have an offer, but I have friends who don't and I would really like to know the University policy on feedback, simply so that all my peers can get the feedback they deserve if it is infact available. Also, if they happen to write up stuff about successful applicants I''d be pretty interested too. And most importantly I'd really really like to find out the truth from my teacher because she *does my nut*

So does Cambridge (or Oxford) as a University policy give interview feedback? Or is it down to individual College policy? Or simply only in special case scenarios?
i also assumed every rejection got interview feedback and a friend who applied to oxford last year definetely got interview feedback. im sure my head of year said something about interview reports earlier on as well
Sazzle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm pretty sure that all Cam colleges do for rejections, not entirely sure on Oxford's policy.
rah
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tifa)
i applied to cambridge and didnt get any, neither did any of my friends, perhaps thats just my school being crap, i was pooled and would have liked to know what they said though, hmm
Tifa
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
oh ballz, i posted the thread twice, please can a Mod delete the extra one - sorry about that... *sheepish*
Sazzle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by rah)
i applied to cambridge and didnt get any, neither did any of my friends, perhaps thats just my school being crap, i was pooled and would have liked to know what they said though, hmm
Your ref. gets it and it's up to them if they tell you.

On the Oxford form there is a box to tick if you don't want it to be sent to your ref.
Minta
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Cambridge send feedback, or at least some colleges do if requested. You can ask your school to show you what the college says.
Lucy001
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Tina)
i also assumed every rejection got interview feedback and a friend who applied to oxford last year definetely got interview feedback. im sure my head of year said something about interview reports earlier on as well
My careers teacher says all Cam colleges do- but it takes ages to come through...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (8)
30.77%
No (15)
57.69%
Don't know (3)
11.54%

Watched Threads