London part time job for student Watch

This discussion is closed.
JC87
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Anyone know what the wage is like in London? I don't know anything about London. Absolutely nothing apart from the fact that I'm going to King's College in two weeks time.

I work(ed) at Morrisons and House of Fraser here in Yorkshire and I got paid roughly 5quid an hour on normal weekdays and 7.5 on Sundays. House of Fraser was slightly lower at 4.7 with no extra pay on Sunday (I don't think so anyway) but it did have the advantage of a staff discount card.

When I come down to London, I'll probably try to get a job at House of Fraser Oxford Street or Victoria (Victoria becasue its close). Anyone know what the stores are like and if wages are good? I might alternately get a waitoring job becasue everyone seems to say that although wage is *****, the tips are really good.
kay0
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by JC87)
Anyone know what the wage is like in London? I don't know anything about London. Absolutely nothing apart from the fact that I'm going to King's College in two weeks time.

I work(ed) at Morrisons and House of Fraser here in Yorkshire and I got paid roughly 5quid an hour on normal weekdays and 7.5 on Sundays. House of Fraser was slightly lower at 4.7 with no extra pay on Sunday (I don't think so anyway) but it did have the advantage of a staff discount card.

When I come down to London, I'll probably try to get a job at House of Fraser Oxford Street or Victoria (Victoria becasue its close). Anyone know what the stores are like and if wages are good? I might alternately get a waitoring job becasue everyone seems to say that although wage is *****, the tips are really good.
Wages can vary from £5.80 - £7.00 in house of fraser london
DHARANI
Report 13 years ago
cooll..u hard working gal. london is a very cool plac and i love the most! the wages r too quite fair but the tips will b gud
gud uck!
naelse
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
wages are higher in London but the price of living is also much higher. Good luck with finding a job xx
rrkmehta
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i need a job but i have no experience...
Super-Star
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
correct me if im wrong but i could swear that hof in Victoria is closing down. i think it was on the news a month or so ago!
JC87
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by Super-Star)
correct me if im wrong but i could swear that hof in Victoria is closing down. i think it was on the news a month or so ago!
Oh my god, thanks for the tip - I'll phone them tommorow - good thing I haven't actually sent off my application form yet!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (76)
29.69%
No - I got the required grades (147)
57.42%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (33)
12.89%

Watched Threads