The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
anightowl
Imagine if he really was suicidal and was reading this? :rolleyes:

Seriously, he isn't suicidal. Get him out of your life, ASAP, and BE HAPPY. NOW.

High-five Nightowl!
Reply 21
aww u guys r real sweet, thanks
Reply 22
technik
its not your concern. ignore him

Word
anightowl
Call me ignorant, but I don't think he is serious about suicide, he sounds like he's just trying to guilt you into going out with him. If he didn't want to bother you anymore, he could just stay away, embarassment perhaps? Just say no, try and stay away from him as much as possible. Failing, say you are a lesbian.

lol, I agree with that.

Or maybe buy him a prostitute, jeez.
Reply 24
This guy doesn't love you. If he DID love you and had two brains cells to copulate with each other AND was 'all there' he certainly wouldn't be putting this guilt trip on you.

He's deluded and he's obsessed. I don't think he even knows what love is all about.

I'm not entirely sure you can help him at this very point in time. It doesn't sound like he is quite the listener...
The best thing you can do for this guy is too completely ignore him and avoid having any contact with him, you have done what you can for him, now it's time for him to deal with his own problems, if you are that concerned about him hurting himself either talk to his parents or someone close to him to keep an eye on him.
what a creep! lucky u didn't say yeah! he wont do it, he's a coward or he wuda dun it already! b*stard! tell him that you want to be his friend and that maybe someday you may be together if it's meant to be.. it'll calm him down then say but he needs to cool down and behave like a friend again, change your mobile num but keep your old one and gradually fade away......
Reply 27
Without meaning to sound harsh at all...
My ex has a LOT of mental problems... so i know a fair bit about suicide
And if he was serious then he would do it
A lot of people feel like they;re so low they'd like to
But when he reaches the point that he will... he won't be telling you about it
Bekaboo
Without meaning to sound harsh at all...
My ex has a LOT of mental problems... so i know a fair bit about suicide
And if he was serious then he would do it
A lot of people feel like they;re so low they'd like to
But when he reaches the point that he will... he won't be telling you about it

i know what you mean, my ex always threatened to then he went quiet and did some messed up sh*t... still didnt do it tho in the end
Reply 29
Some FACTS Here For You!

1. People who make it known they want to kill themselves are just ATTENTION SEEKERS.
2. Truly suicidal people are already dead; they are determined and do not tell anyone because they know they would interfere. They often don't even ACT as if they are in such a desperate state of mind.

Now please no more said about this. I think every teenager (usually a girl!) has said they'll kill themselves. My ex gf said it and my sister said it, unfortunately they're both still here XD

You're welcome!
Reply 30
he's tryin to emotionally blackmail you - ignore it. get him out of your life he is a BAD person!
no-one should hold you to ransom, ignore him
Reply 32
-TMG-
Some FACTS Here For You!

1. People who make it known they want to kill themselves are just ATTENTION SEEKERS.
2. Truly suicidal people are already dead; they are determined and do not tell anyone because they know they would interfere. They often don't even ACT as if they are in such a desperate state of mind.

Now please no more said about this. I think every teenager (usually a girl!) has said they'll kill themselves. My ex gf said it and my sister said it, unfortunately they're both still here XD

You're welcome!

Absolutely correct, I 100% agree.
john171
Absolutely correct, I 100% agree.

I agree as well, he would already have carried out the threat- by the sound of it he is weak
Reply 34
john171
Apologies, I didnt read everything you said Sarky. You're agreeing with me :biggrin:

Erm no i think you'll find you're agreeing with me since i posted first but no matter :p:
Kura1984
May I interest you all in a joke made in very bad taste?

This may be deleted, since this is a serious disussion and all. Or maybe it should be deleted before the idiot decides he's 'really' going to kill himself with a fiver's worth of Netto's baked beans (see link...)

It's from the Maddox site:

How to kill yourself like a man

That sites brilliant! :biggrin:
Try to avoid him. If he pesters you tell him your parents wont let you date anyone at the moment, 'I prefer girls", "I am not attracted to humans in anyway", "I would rather be friends for a while longer", "I have a boyfriend", "I have to concentrate on study"
I think ignoring him is the best thing. If you don't have any contact with him, he will probably go away.
Reply 37
-TMG-
Some FACTS Here For You!

You're welcome!

I don't think it's fair to say people who say they'll commit suicide is "attention seekers" - I see the fact that they make it known as a cry for help, who doesn't really wanna die but see no way out.

That's not saying that's the case with this psycho guy the OP is on about though! Difficult situation :frown: But yeh, if they make it known, they probably won't do it. Just as I didn't when I said I wanted to die - but I needed someone to talk to. I think if my friends weren't there to listen I really would've died.

But yeh I gotta agree with the general posts here - stay away from this guy.
Reply 38
irisng
I don't think it's fair to say people who say they'll commit suicide is "attention seekers" - I see the fact that they make it known as a cry for help

cry for help = attention seeking

no difference

this guy's clearly a moron - rather than try and make excuses like you'll find someone better (he's thinking he can't), you don't deserve him (he thinks you do), etc. just tell him if he really cares about you then he wouldn't be giving you all this worry

if that doesn't work, then he clearly doesn't give a toss how you feel, so why should you care how he feels
It's the quiet ones that usually have the genuine suicidal tendency.

Latest

Trending

Trending