wearing bras in bed Watch

This discussion is closed.
mangomaz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My cousin cant sleep without one on but I have to take it off I need the freedom! Except when my period is about to start and my breasts feel really heavy....
I think I've sagged a bit though.. and im only 19!!!! Maybe im just being paranoid :rolleyes:
woox
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
wearing a bra gives you a better shape and stops your nipples showing when its cold! plus they give much needed support - i mean i don't have particularly big boobs but it would be hellishly uncomfortable to run for the bus/up or down stairs without one on...ouch!
i don't wear one in bed tho, i feel much more comfortable without - the freedom feels nice! i've slept in a bra quite a few times tho when crashing at friends after a night out etc and i find it perfectly comfortable...but its defo nicer without!
Lauren Hart
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It's shocking how little you know about your boobs girls! There are only two ways to stop sagging boobs: surgery and exercising the correct muscles! The constant usage of a bra is only going to make the muscle deteriorate, not make it stronger. However, i do think it prudent to where a bra when im awake, i am a 36/38 E/F (depends on the day, i actually own a 42B bra!!!!) Going without, particularly when top heavy can make you sag, but bras are only temporary (unless a smaller size, not being sizest its just the truth). So the thing to do is:

put your hands together in the praying position directly infront of your breast bone, your elbows should be at right angles.
Push inwards 50 times a day,will make you ache a little to begin with, but you will get firmer muscles and firmer breasts as you exercise the muscles between breast and collarbone which "hold you up". obviously the bigger you are the more likely to need a bra. Even with one on my back aches (i do have a back injury too). also, your body should have time out of restraints, whilst support tops and the like are ok, sleeping in a bra is ill advised as it does cause problems! if nothing else it'll dig into you, and there are cases of people dying from being impaled on an underwire by accident! ow! i cant sleep with anything on (except at peoples houses or when its REALLY cold), and not bras, i need the freedom!
Olivia22
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Lauren Hart)
put your hands together in the praying position directly infront of your breast bone, your elbows should be at right angles.
Push inwards 50 times a day

Is it strange that I did this whilst reading the rest of your post!?!?
Two Tone
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I don't sleep in a bra. Too hot and uncomfortable.
SketchyCanvas~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i always sleeps in my bra :p: But i might try that exercise thingy and try not sleeping with a bra from now on.
CheesyBeans
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Bras in bed? No no no no no! Just isn't comfortable. If I'm already changed into sleep wear when I go to my bedroom at night I forget to take my bra off but about about 5 mintues lay down in bed I get up and tear the damn thing off me.
sugarplumc
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I usually wear one in bed, but i don't consciously decide to, I just can't be bothered sometimes! though this thread has definitely convinced me to change my habits.
dreamer86
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Olivia22)
Is it strange that I did this whilst reading the rest of your post!?!?
haha i just did the same. then scrolled down and read your post lol
Tarts_n_Vicars
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
OMG I can't even wear bras during the daytime they're so uncomfortable! I have a healthy handful so I wear those sporty type crop top things instead. Have done ever since I was about 11.

I think heavy ones sag a little bit anyway - it's scientific lol. That and gravity!
unfinished sympathy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i can't stand not wearing a bra- they are the epitomy of comfort imo sounds odd cos they can be very restricting but i feel much more comfortable with them, as they're supported, and not left to droop
killerbee
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
nice one lauren !!
i think you've just changed the habits of quite a few girls (and possible some strage boys) for the better
unfinished sympathy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
strange boys like the one in Billy Elliot
killerbee
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i didn't like that film much
unfinished sympathy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i enjoyed it, but it was a bit odd, have you seen Jamie Bell lately, he looks demented
killerbee
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i will check on google . . . he looks ok especially with longer hair
unfinished sympathy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by killerbee)
i will check on google . . . he looks ok especially with longer hair
he really does look odd, a bit deformed, he's in the new Greenday video
killerbee
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
haven't seen that one
unfinished sympathy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
wake me up when september ends
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Those of you who find them really uncomfortable are probably wearing the wrong size or style. Bras should not be uncomfortable!

You still don't have to wear them at night if you don't want to though.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (1)
20%
Pro-humanity (4)
80%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise