lexafish
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hey, I did some revision notes for the exams F211, F212, F214 and F215 and thought I'd share them around, so here you go :-)

FAQs

1) I wrote them myself. You might have been given them by your teacher/best friend/whatever, but that does not mean they are not mine. You will not find any copies of these notes from any other source dated any earlier than these ones (unless I posted them in a different thread first, which I think I did with a couple). There are mistakes in them. I wrote them in a rush. You will see from some of the early replies that I corrected them as they were pointed out. Now I'm more occupied with my degree and I'm not even sure if I still have the original files.

2) I got an A in each of my exams and I'm now studying human biology at university. I have not done A levels for a long time (more years have passed than I care to admit!). I probably can't answer your specific questions but there are other threads around here where they will be able to help you.

3) I don't know if using my notes will get you an A and I don't know how you should revise. I wrote them as part of my cramming. As mentioned previously, they have mistakes. TBH, reading these notes wouldn't have helped me when I did the exams. It was the writing them which I found useful.

4) I did OCR B Salters Chemistry (So F331, F332 etc.). I have another thread somewhere with those notes in. However, they are not as good as these ones because I predominantly revised using my tutor's notes rather than writing my own. Yes, I got 90%+ in my chemistry coursework; no, you can't have a copy.

5) I'm at university now. I won't be writing more notes and I can't write some for a different module for you.

6) I'm a woman, please don't refer to me as a 'he'.
Attached files
shuty
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lexafish)
Hey, I did some revision notes for the exams F211, F212, F214 and F215 and thought I'd share them around, so here you go :-)
thaks for these notes, they look really good :yep:
In2deep
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Quality is amazing:eek: Are they really yours and how long did it take?
lexafish
Rep:
?
(Original post by In2deep)
Quality is amazing:eek: Are they really yours and how long did it take?
Yeah, they're really mine

F214 took me a day coz I was freaking out the night before the exam. The others took me a bit longer, coz I have a really short attention span.
In2deep
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah, they're really mine

F214 took me a day coz I was freaking out the night before the exam. The others took me a bit longer, coz I have a really short attention span.
Absolutely amazing, will +rep you.

Do you do Edexcel A-level Chemistry by any chance?
Liverpool F.C.™
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Thanks a lot. :top:

Do you have them for OCR Chemistry ? I would've repped you again, but I've already done it in the past 28 days.
lexafish
Rep:
?
(Original post by In2deep)
Absolutely amazing, will +rep you.

Do you do Edexcel A-level Chemistry by any chance?
(Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
Thanks a lot. :top:

Do you have them for OCR Chemistry ? I would've repped you again, but I've already done it in the past 28 days.
I do OCR B Chemistry, but I'm not sure if I'll do notes for those exams.
_lynx_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ah thanks very much for these. I was seriously losing faith in getting an A in biology, despite doing well at AS :eek3:

+rep
Jacinta_kid
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
These are brilliant!
Thank you so much! This is much better than looking over my notes all the time!
That's so nice of you to share them!
Pos rep for you
Finite
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Thanks alot for these, they're really good :grin:
Time for last minute bio revision - exam's tomorrow!
azn-wonder91
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
woah your notes are so good!!! :O +ve rep!! they mustve taken you forever!! thank you for sharing!
babyblue92
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
thanks alot...ure a lifesaver
Ohhai
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Wow, these notes are reaallyy good!! :yy:

Did you use these notes for the Jan F214 module, if so, do you mind me asking what you got? :o:
lexafish
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ohhai)
Wow, these notes are reaallyy good!! :yy:

Did you use these notes for the Jan F214 module, if so, do you mind me asking what you got? :o:
Yes, I did, and I got an A
majid81
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
:eek: Ahhh thanks a lot a lot you're a life saver, do you think it's possible to get a b/c solely with these?
Ohhai
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Wow!! Thank you so much.
lexafish
Rep:
?
(Original post by majid81)
:eek: Ahhh thanks a lot a lot you're a life saver, do you think it's possible to get a b/c solely with these?
I don't know. I revise by writing them, not really by reading them

On that note, I've not proof read them, so I have no clue how many typos there are.
joeholzerfleming
Report 9 years ago
nice work
thanks
clevergem
Report 9 years ago
[QUOTE=lexafish]Hey, I did some revision notes for the exams F211, F212, F214 and F215 and thought I'd share them around, so here you go :-)[/QUO

Thank you!! you are a life saver.i wish you all the best
Mrcarrot
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I believe you mixed up the batch and continuous cultures in the table for f215 (page 11).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Nov '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Nov '19
  • University of Hull
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (115)
69.7%
No I haven't decided yet (33)
20%
Yes but I might change my mind (17)
10.3%

Watched Threads