This discussion is closed.
Sire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Righto. Here is the deal. I'm going to be online for another 20 minutes before I can no longer resist the urge to grab pencil and paper to begin drawing up the plans for my dream house. It is also in my head to possibly move into the housing business. That is to say buy a house, fix it up etc and sell for a profit. There are people who do it quite successfully. Alas, I've done 18 months of a Bachelor of Commerce and wish to finish, but my majors are in economics and business management. If anyone has any ideas on possible design features please let me know, and also do you think it is a wise move to get a degree, and yet wish to change career goals entirely at the age of 22???
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Righto. Here is the deal. I'm going to be online for another 20 minutes before I can no longer resist the urge to grab pencil and paper to begin drawing up the plans for my dream house. It is also in my head to possibly move into the housing business. That is to say buy a house, fix it up etc and sell for a profit. There are people who do it quite successfully. Alas, I've done 18 months of a Bachelor of Commerce and wish to finish, but my majors are in economics and business management. If anyone has any ideas on possible design features please let me know, and also do you think it is a wise move to get a degree, and yet wish to change career goals entirely at the age of 22???
Finish your degree.....won't hurt you. Business management can be applied just as well to buying, fixing up, and selling houses (which is after all a business) as anything else.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I always wanted a house with a turret :rosetintedspecs: I've ended up with a bungalow

I don't see a problem in pursuing an interest in house design - although if you wanted to get into architecture you'd have an extremely long slog - 3 yrs of uni + 4 yrs of apprenticeship.

I'm a bit of building addict - I love buildings even the dodgy 50s/60s/70s ones that a lot of people hate I can love if I can see the architects ideas coming through the building (note there are many buildings I loath - mainly buildings which are designed with almost no thought whatsoever square box, square windows, cheap designs no thought etc etc (not to say there aren't some beautiful cubic buildings)....or of course hell that is mock tudor :eek: ).
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (147)
60.49%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.53%
No- I want it (68)
27.98%
No- I don't want it (17)
7%

Watched Threads