The Student Room Group
Yep, exactly the same!
Reply 2
We did it in time last year and in time this year.
We didn't last year, but then our teacher didn't teach us anyway, so..
Reply 4
Just on our very last lesson, my teachers somehow managed to forget to teach us 4 chapters of the book, so they rushed through those in the week before half term...
Reply 5
Hope they don't have toooo much plant stuff or we're dead :p:

On the paper I mean.Are you doing AQA Unit 2 on TUesday?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
Baka-chan
Before study leave and half-term, did your Biology teacher actually finish teaching the Biology AS Course?

Like were all of the topics explained and covered?? See,our whole Bio Department were unable to finish the course on time and we have to study plants and transpiration and Species Diversity on our own. :tea:

Just wondering if anyone else had this problem :smile:

Yeah, the teachers really rushed through the topics and so we didn't really learn much about tissue fluid and apoplastic and symplastic stuff. It's really annoying because we spent ages on preparing for unit 1, and I feel as if I don't know anything for unit 2.
No mine certainly didn't. I mean half the time they didn't even know what they tought us, but loads of respect to them for handing out like a gazzilion question papers with mark schemes :smile:
Reply 8
I'm doing AQA A2, I've got/had two teachers, one of them physically can't teach (my class had to watch videos every lesson, which were interesting but usually from 15 years ago and therefore mostly irrelevant and/or out of date) and the other one sort of taught but kept going off topic... With the result that I only know about a third of my whole A2 course. And if I don't get a B overall I won't be going to uni. Fun fun fun!
Reply 9
Agreed! Haha. Our biology teacher was rushing through the last section, and only five of us actually learnt about transpiration :/. How did you find the test (AQA)?
forget AS, that was a short course. just wait til A2, we nowhere near finished ours.
last year no we didnt get to finish the course.. but this year, my bio teachers got stuck abroad after that volcano erupted :| so they werent around for a month so we've all had to teach ourselves the last quarter of the A2 syllabus. GAH.
Reply 12
I'm doing A2 edexcel and the teacher managed to finish the course around the start of the summer term so we just did practise questions and revision for the last few weeks.

For AS I had different teachers, one was good but the other was shocking and didn't teach us anything so we basically had to learn the course ourselves.
Reply 13
Well I did the whole AS and A2 course in one year and we managed to finish it fine....man up.
Reply 14
We just about finished it. With no time for a mock, 2 tries of each assessed practical (OCR) and a bit of juggling topics around.
no we didnt.

Latest

Trending

Trending