Turn on thread page Beta

General A level History help (OLD SPEC) watch

ReputationRep:
    Great stuff on revision and such. Though you seem to have none of my units there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by letsdothetimewarpagain)
    Awesome thanks, I have a copy of the exam board book too but it hurts my brain too much I am going to kick serious ass on this resit
    Its just pure crap to be honest. Is that all you're retaking?

This is unit two??
    (Original post by D.R.E)
    Great stuff on revision and such. Though you seem to have none of my units there
    Im still updating it What units are you aiming at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stricof)

This is unit two??
    Yeah unit two, I got 94 on my unit one and 44 on this one :laugh: I'm doing 2 others but History is my priority seeing as I want to study it

ReputationRep:
    Yeah unit two, I got 94 on my unit one and 44 on this one :laugh: I'm doing 2 others but History is my priority seeing as I want to study it
    Hmm well Unit 2 is slightly different. As Q1 is source based and Q2 is combination of the two.

I can PM you writing technique on this if you wish. Even if you know the knowledge you can still get a U if you dont know how to write it. I plan to go into much more depth in this help page later though.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm well Unit 2 is slightly different. As Q1 is source based and Q2 is combination of the two.

I can PM you writing technique on this if you wish. Even if you know the knowledge you can still get a U if you dont know how to write it. I plan to go into much more depth in this help page later though.
    If you already have it then it would be awesome, otherwise I'll wait until you do this page :yes:

ReputationRep:

This is unit two??
    I'm not sure what they are called, but I just finished my AS year now and we did U.S. Civil Rights from 1945-74, U.S. Foreign Policy in South East Asia from 1945-74 and 'Conflict and Consensus: Post-war British Politics up till Thatcher's demise. I didn't revise well enough so I need to resit the British politics module.

In September we're starting up on the English Civil War(s) and Post-war African history: independence and African nationalism etc.

ReputationRep:
    If you already have it then it would be awesome, otherwise I'll wait until you do this page :yes:
    PM'd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D.R.E)
    I'm not sure what they are called, but I just finished my AS year now and we did U.S. Civil Rights from 1945-74, U.S. Foreign Policy in South East Asia from 1945-74 and 'Conflict and Consensus: Post-war British Politics up till Thatcher's demise. I didn't revise well enough so I need to resit the British politics module.

In September we're starting up on the English Civil War(s) and Post-war African history: independence and African nationalism etc.
    In that paper your technique is probably more important than the knowledge. I can PM you stuff on technique if you wish?

ReputationRep:
    In that paper your technique is probably more important than the knowledge. I can PM you stuff on technique if you wish?
    Yes please. I'm rather annoyed about that C so I'm willing to do anything to rectify it! :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D.R.E)
    Yes please. I'm rather annoyed about that C so I'm willing to do anything to rectify it! :o:
    PM'd

ReputationRep:
    PM'd
    Excellent; thanks a lot. Hopefully I can put that to good use when the resits come around.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck guys :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    PM'd
    could you pm me also with the writing technique? i got 82 in my unit 2 but i only achieved 56 on my unit 1, i think i majorly lost marks on my writing technique/argument structure not knowledge/facts so much well im retaking anyway now!

cheers this is gonna help me soo much now! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegreasyspoon)
    could you pm me also with the writing technique? i got 82 in my unit 2 but i only achieved 56 on my unit 1, i think i majorly lost marks on my writing technique/argument structure not knowledge/facts so much well im retaking anyway now!

cheers this is gonna help me soo much now! :yep:
    You want unit 1 help or two? I was PM'ing them Unit 2 btw
    What topic anyway?

ReputationRep:
    You want unit 1 help or two? I was PM'ing them Unit 2 btw
    What topic anyway?
    Unit 1. I think it was the one about power, belief and conflict... does it matter if yours was different? surely the structure of the argument would be the same??

cheers

ReputationRep:
    Unit 1. I think it was the one about power, belief and conflict... does it matter if yours was different? surely the structure of the argument would be the same??

cheers
    In the USA? Erm, okay I'll write something up later.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1061279

Look at that whilst you're at it.

ReputationRep:
    In the USA? Erm, okay I'll write something up later.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1061279

Look at that whilst you're at it.
    Nope it was 'early modern europe'...

ReputationRep:

cheers
    Not between unit 1 and unit 2, two different styles of exam :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Not between unit 1 and unit 2, two different styles of exam :yes:
    I meant throughout all unit 1 exams, it's the same.

ReputationRep:
    These books are 101% better :eek3: I may stand a chance of getting above a c this time :laugh:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 7, 2017
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.